option 2
Here's some pics from my engine bay project, http://www.mustangaddiction.com/pics.htm?bay2.html. You've got the easy part done now. Getting everything perfectly smooth with the bondo is a PITA. It took me three long weekends and half a can of bondo before I was happy with it.
Good luck!![]()
Im wondering if we only need to do the pass side. The driver's side had the battery, which means there was more room to begin with. Ill do some fitting today and see.
Yobi: will be working on the yard after 11am, so give me a call before that if you want the TB.
RC
The section where the battery is won't be a problem, but IIRC there was a bulge next to the shock tower which probably was for tire clearance. To answer your pm, I just welded my plates over top of the factory sheet metal so tire clearance wasn't a problem on my car.
I COULD get to my headlight bulbs very easily by going between the radiator support and the back of the headlights. But I installed one of those UPR radiator covers, so now I have to remove it to change the bulbs.
did you fit the tire again?


Thanks...If I knew the "straight down" cuts wouldnt work, I would have left the stock metal there also. Since we went straight down, our stock metal came out.
Now that we're back-tracking, how do you think it will work with the way the last photo shows?
1....the cutout as seen in photo one "should" leave enough clearance?
2....the cardboard cutout piece should be at the correct angle?
Thanks
RC
Looks good to me.
Maybe you could put your inner liner back in and see how close it is? If it fits, then you shouldn't have any problems with the tires fitting.
That looks Good
Better than what you saw Sat, right?
Got STB $$...Thanks!! ENJOY!!
RC
Bout to say man... i know i didnt have tire clearance... im cutting out mine and doing it on an angle instead of welding up all the holes... ill show ya how mine is comming along... Im just glad i was looking at this as i was doing mine... i loved the way you did yours at first... and while i was cutting it out with the air saw... i noticed that there was no way i could turn the wheel... i had chris hold the panel up and i cut the wheel sure enough it hit....
Is the line you made on the pass side the line for the power pipe? If it is, it seems too big.
Is the line you made on the pass side the line for the power pipe? If it is, it seems too big.