Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks man, that’s all I’m after as well. I love wrenching, and building things with my hands. But a guy has to know his limitations.

I agree. I'm reaching the point where I want to "finish" my car, and then buy a driver. Something I can hop in, turn the key and never pop the hood other than an oil change.

• Surprised
Reactions: 1 user
I've been searching for a stock 86-88 air intake tube that doesn't have the MAF, and you'd be surprised at what they are selling for on EBay. Really wish I never threw mine out.

Dude, you aren’t kidding.

E014B757-D958-45FA-8D15-38629963F863.png

B35D9334-7B21-45F1-AD2B-35E15C6B0C5F.png

@General karthief , you have one of these in your collection that I can buy from you?

And you'd put it back in for what reason?

Nostalgia. I remember recording songs off the radio onto a cassette that I took with me when I picked up my car for the first time. I could tell you exactly what the first song I ever listened to in the car was. If I had my stock radio I'd toss it back in and relive that.....once

There are things that are best left on the shelf.

A cassette was good when it was all we had, and a CD was infinitely better,...and now a Bluetooth streaming capable head unit has become the go to ( while not sonically superior) in the evolution of all things Automotive. But there's no freakin way I'd ever spend the time to restore an antiquated audio head unit back in after I took it out for all the reasons it was removed in the first place.

It's time to throw away the garbage.

I'm all for new high tech stuff in my DD. I love the fact that I can push a button on the wheel and say "play the Macarena" and have it come on.

But there are some times when old school is perfectly fine

• Agree
@Mustang5L5 If you want my tape deck, I’ll send it to you. I get my nostalgia fix with my old truck, and have no use for the radio from the Mustang. It’s all yours if you want one to be able to toss in randomly.

Generous offer, but unfortunately with the 93 amp and CD player I can't easily switch back to the 87-92 radio unit. Thanks for the offer though

Well I cruised the 40 minutes to my tuners house last night. Cruise control works, and with the factory 2.73s in the rear end I was pulling 1800 RPM doing 70 mph. I think when I do my rear end rebuild with disc conversion I am only going to go to 3.27s. It cruises on down the road in 5th at that rpm really well, so that part of the tune is great. Speedo if off a touch due to wheel combo. Pic is blurry due to being a screenshot of a video.

496979E9-2608-4D66-AEEB-75CBCE29077F.png

Anywho, he says he’ll have it dialed in by the time I’m home Sunday and then I can get to work finishing some of my other odds and ends it needs.

There’s currently a hole in my heart right now though.
EFA40D60-635E-4410-96A7-298B5FE3CBC0.jpeg

• Surprised
Reactions: 3 users