Nick's "lvndpst" Restoration (and Slight Modification) Thread

• Sponsors (?)

More piddly sh*t tonight, but no MS install. Got new bolts and nuts for my rear sway bar and installed it. The liquid you see in the pic is from my daughter who climbed under the car with me with her bubbles in hand.

81059954-E8CD-4B53-BDC7-BE73DACFD729.jpeg

75FA24D6-AF29-4E07-ADE7-9E8D0A3479BB.jpeg

Then as I was lowering the car down to move it over so I can open the passenger door to access the computer, this happens.

560B8057-1020-450E-A6A5-50C6CAC82D6F.jpeg

Somehow the bolt that holds my jack handle in came loose and the handle came off. You ever tried getting that lever to move without a long ass jack handle? As Mike would say...

:nono:

Luckily I have a good buddy that lives 7 minutes away, so I grabbed his floor jack and rescued mine from under the car. After returning it I decided it was a sign to be done for the evening. Hopefully get some time this weekend to finish the Microsquirt install.

Reactions: 1 users
More piddly sh*t tonight, but no MS install. Got new bolts and nuts for my rear sway bar and installed it. The liquid you see in the pic is from my daughter who climbed under the car with me with her bubbles in hand.

81059954-E8CD-4B53-BDC7-BE73DACFD729.jpeg

75FA24D6-AF29-4E07-ADE7-9E8D0A3479BB.jpeg

Then as I was lowering the car down to move it over so I can open the passenger door to access the computer, this happens.

560B8057-1020-450E-A6A5-50C6CAC82D6F.jpeg

Somehow the bolt that holds my jack handle in came loose and the handle came off. You ever tried getting that lever to move without a long ass jack handle? As Mike would say...

:nono:

Luckily I have a good buddy that lives 7 minutes away, so I grabbed his floor jack and rescued mine from under the car. After returning it I decided it was a sign to be done for the evening. Hopefully get some time this weekend to finish the Microsquirt install.
I just gotta say,..I'm surprised at how nice and clean the underside of your car is. For an Iowa car that may have lived the first few years of its life as a daily driver, it is very nice under there.

I give it :nice::nice:.

Reactions: 1 user
Needless to say she runs a little “rough” on the Microsquirt with its base tune. Waiting on my new BFF to have time to come drive around with me. Of course he had time today, but my wife already had plans for us. :nonono:

Hopefully in the next week or two you guys will see some burnouts from this car I’ve been chit chatting about the last couple years. In the mean time I need to paint the silver bottom half of the exterior, weld in my subframe connectors, and finish my not very thought out yet double din dvd/nav install.

ha belts a squeeking away...

you will be surprised at how long it takes to get the idle just the way you want it.... and then spend 1/10th that time tuning the rest of it. :rolleyes: unless of course you have a mild cam then the idle is fairly easy.

keeping in mind that if you dont get the injector settings correct [and even if you do] you will spend some time each cold start getting the cold start fuel and idle correct. then there is the HOT start, if the MAT sensor is still in the lower manifold you will experience lean hot start issues that only show up once the car is fully heat soaked and left to sit for 15mins... you will need to adjust the hot ASE settings higher than one would expect for clean hot restarts.

ha belts a squeeking away...

you will be surprised at how long it takes to get the idle just the way you want it.... and then spend 1/10th that time tuning the rest of it. :rolleyes: unless of course you have a mild cam then the idle is fairly easy.

keeping in mind that if you dont get the injector settings correct [and even if you do] you will spend some time each cold start getting the cold start fuel and idle correct. then there is the HOT start, if the MAT sensor is still in the lower manifold you will experience lean hot start issues that only show up once the car is fully heat soaked and left to sit for 15mins... you will need to adjust the hot ASE settings higher than one would expect for clean hot restarts.

I’ll keep this info handy.

I brought up my tuner’s name at my local advance auto while I was in the getting odds and ends (the guys always ask about my car), and he was instantly recognized as being a trustworthy guy. Fingers crossed he sorts it out well. He sure seems confident he can.

Here you go @hoopty5.0 , I finally changed out the plug wires after receiving motivation from you. Wouldn’t want you to puke on it in the event we all meet up some day. Please ignore the fact it’s covered in dust currently.

90ADCB53-1834-4FFA-9A69-78345FD04ECC.jpeg

My helper for the night was not one of my two sons, but my 2 year old daughter. She has the most interest out of anyone else in my house.

90AAB36F-AD13-4F29-AFAA-71DA905FFC6B.jpeg

Reactions: 2 users
So to keep from derailing Hoopty’s window shopping, I will post in my own thread. I plan to stop at a local pawn shop and pick up a used computer to have around for what Steve @a91what suggested as far as follow up tuning. My local tuner said he is available to come over Saturday. So this weekend may just see me finally feeling the difference between my stock worn out 302 and this fresh 347. Hopefully I can get the GT plastics painted between now and Saturday so the car looks finished while out cruising.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ll tell you one thing,...if I had to wait on a “ tuner” I don’t know from jack, when a phone with a WiFi hotspot and a laptop brings the proven capabilities of “the guy” that frequents this site directly into my passenger seat...
And,...not only does the phone serve as the wifi, “ the guy” talks to you live over the phone at the same time.

I wouldn’t wait on the tuner, you have one. And....who doesn’t have a laptop nowadays?