Nitrous V6

White Wolf

Dec 10, 2018
Las Vegas NV
The Nitrous project has progressed nicely and finally completed for those of you interested.
No Track Time yet. Very hot here in Vegas and Ill wait til the fall. I'm anticipating 11's based on all the info I have.

2013 - 3.7 Mustang

6R80 Transmission

8.8 Rear End

6 Speed Auto

*Nitrous Oxide - 150 Shot Pro Max “Progressive Digital”

*Dyno-Jet
Tune Pro Tune - (Insane Power) SPEED SHOP

*Super 6 Ported (Cyclone) Intake Manifold’s (upper - lower)

*JLT Cold Air Intake

*BBK Long Tube Headers

*Catted X PIPE - Dual Exhaust

*Ford Traction Lock (Possi) Rear End

*4:56 Ford Gears

*73mm BBK Throttle Body

*Brisk “Diamond Tip” Spark Plugs

*Carbon Fiber One Piece Driveshaft - (18 lbs)

*Circle D 4000 “Stall” Torque Converter

*Trans Brake - 4000 RPM Launch

*Rear Tires Nitto (NT05R) 315 (Drag Radials)

*97 Octane Fuel - Boostane Additive - Motor Only

*110 Octane Fuel - Dedicated - Active Nitrous

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_22b0.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_22b0.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 93
  • fullsizeoutput_2185.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2185.jpeg
    683.6 KB · Views: 106
  • fullsizeoutput_28f7.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_28f7.jpeg
    750.7 KB · Views: 93
  • fullsizeoutput_21b0.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_21b0.jpeg
    558.7 KB · Views: 85
  • fullsizeoutput_28ed.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_28ed.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 97
  • F198814146.jpg
    F198814146.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 86
  • fullsizeoutput_2842.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2842.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 86
  • fdsh10-c-cv_copy_2_1.jpg
    fdsh10-c-cv_copy_2_1.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 100
  • 0000223_gm-252mm-pro-series-pg350400-torque-converter.jpeg
    0000223_gm-252mm-pro-series-pg350400-torque-converter.jpeg
    251.2 KB · Views: 95
Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Very nice set up.
I have a 2009 4.0 V6
Cold air intake, shorty headers, high flow cats, daul exhaust, 91 oct tune, lowering springs, adjustable panhard bar, rear lower control arms, 100 shot wet nitrous system with daul purge, 3.73 gears on stock 7.5.
Ebc black slotted rotors and ebc yellow stuff brakes.
I am still buying more stuff.

Attachments

• IMG_20210322_164330.jpg
    IMG_20210322_164330.jpg
    852.9 KB · Views: 69
Thank you. Its taken me a few years to get where we are today. You have a nice looking car. Lots of potential there. Are you from Vegas?

The main things I wanted to achieve when I began was putting the BEST of what ever mod I wanted into place and having it done RIGHT the first time. Main thing is the White Wolf runs excellent and is my daily driver. It is much safer on your motor to run a separate fuel system and high octane for WOT Nitrous then have it Dyno Tuned for that. They will not have to pull timing and may even add some.

The high stall I have along with the trans brake allow me to LAUNCH it from a dead stop on 4:56 gears and Nitrous coming in making stock 5.0's look embarrassed as they look for an escape route. I street race this car when ever the opportunity arises and it has never been beat. Most street cars are just not ready for its RADICAL launch off the line. You need excellent tires to hold it all to the pavement as you put power to it. Those Nitto Drag Radials I run at 25psi are nothing short of AMAZING.

I just had a Detroit Locker Differential installed a few weeks back and that seals the deal. Many people ask why go to all the trouble for a Cyclone V6. Thats the fun part of it. Showing others that the poor reputation of a WEAK SISTER V6 goes out the window quickly.

This car runs 11.7's in 1/4 mile. When I finish with a couple more mods in the future it will run LOW 11's if not high 10's.

Here is some info you may not have known.

Below is the FASTEST Mustang V6 run on STOCK INTERNALS.

Fastest V6 Mustang Ever (BELOW)

Hector Navarro

2011 Cyclone

Stock internals Single Turbo

10.80 @ 125 mph

Reactions: 1 user
Good story I would never think of the V six doing any of that. With your car it's all about the money, and you have spent a fortune I am sure. Looks good I like the headlights too. The car looks nothing like your average Mustang, and that's the good part. Maybe a white louvre on the back window to really put it over the top

I bought it for 12,000 and have about 25,000. Half of that Im sure is SHOP LABOR in it which was done over the past 3 years. Been a labor of love for sure. It has the look of a SALEEN. What people dont realize is the TINY things one never even thinks about could cost 800 - 1,000 in parts and labor.

Nice thing it has all the CONTROLS for the Nitrous, Line Lock and Transbrake right at my fingertips. The TWO GREEN buttons on the steering wheel are the LAUNCH. You hold both of them down at the light and FLOOR IT bringing the Tach up to 4,000 RPM and release them simultaneously to launch as the Nitrous comes on automatically at 50% amping up to 100% within 2.5 seconds. The Nittos hold it tight and more importantly STRAIGHT as it moves out. Very controlled.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2f21.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f21.jpeg
    447.2 KB · Views: 62
  • fullsizeoutput_2f22.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f22.jpeg
    512.1 KB · Views: 58
  • fullsizeoutput_2f13.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f13.jpeg
    740.3 KB · Views: 65
  • fullsizeoutput_2f17.jpeg
    fullsizeoutput_2f17.jpeg
    673.9 KB · Views: 47
A couple. This car for some reasons TRANS BRAKE alone will not hold it at 4,000 RPM so I must use the Trans Brake (RIGHT) and the Line Lock (LEFT) same time. I did not know this could be done and never heard of Line Lock and Trans Brake same time until a heavy hitter racer at the speed shop I use set this up and told me use it. He was dead on.

What many people dont realize is those Nitto Drag Radials do not require a lot of SMOKE and HEAT to launch. As a matter of fact Ive tried them heated to the point of smoke and then went in and launched. I had considerable spin and felt greasy as it left HEATED UP vs just street warm. Just the opposite of what one would think. To me its just the SLICKS that need that serious warm up they do at the track.

Well Pete I just turned 60 a couple months back. I have been racing cars since I was 16. I think as one gets older you learn to drive these cars 95% of the time nice and easy. I rarely get on it unless Im out on the open areas around Vegas and happen to have another who wants some next to me. That is whats changed. Back in the day I would have been romping it all around town with a pile of tickets to show for it and empty wallet from going thru 100 dollar bottles of nitrous. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
Thank you. Its taken me a few years to get where we are today. You have a nice looking car. Lots of potential there. Are you from Vegas?

The main things I wanted to achieve when I began was putting the BEST of what ever mod I wanted into place and having it done RIGHT the first time. Main thing is the White Wolf runs excellent and is my daily driver. It is much safer on your motor to run a separate fuel system and high octane for WOT Nitrous then have it Dyno Tuned for that. They will not have to pull timing and may even add some.

The high stall I have along with the trans brake allow me to LAUNCH it from a dead stop on 4:56 gears and Nitrous coming in making stock 5.0's look embarrassed as they look for an escape route. I street race this car when ever the opportunity arises and it has never been beat. Most street cars are just not ready for its RADICAL launch off the line. You need excellent tires to hold it all to the pavement as you put power to it. Those Nitto Drag Radials I run at 25psi are nothing short of AMAZING.

I just had a Detroit Locker Differential installed a few weeks back and that seals the deal. Many people ask why go to all the trouble for a Cyclone V6. Thats the fun part of it. Showing others that the poor reputation of a WEAK SISTER V6 goes out the window quickly.

This car runs 11.7's in 1/4 mile. When I finish with a couple more mods in the future it will run LOW 11's if not high 10's.

Here is some info you may not have known.

Below is the FASTEST Mustang V6 run on STOCK INTERNALS.

Fastest V6 Mustang Ever (BELOW)

Hector Navarro

2011 Cyclone

Stock internals Single Turbo

10.80 @ 125 mph
Very nice I agree it is nice to see something different. Hitting 10's is fast hector has a nice set up rygen on drag times has hit 10's as well I think he has a 05 4.0 v6 cologne mustang.