Odd EEC-IV Adapter Found between ECU and 60 Pin Harness

AeroCoupe

lube between the nut and the face
Founding Member
Oct 28, 2001
Claremore, OK
Any of you guys know what this is?

1706229815766.jpeg

One of the members found it between the EEC-IV and the 60 pin harness and I have no idea what it is so if you do chime in here (see Post #17):

• Sponsors (?)

3 resistors and a jumper. No idea what pins those are but I'm starting to wonder if it might have been a part of a mass air conversion.

Should chase down the wires and see what's going on there.

From the conversion instructions:

a. The Power (+) wire from the MAF meter harness needs to be spliced into the existing red wire in position #37 of the EEC connector.
b. The Ground (-) wire from the MAF meter harness needs to be spliced into the existing black/green wire in position #40 or #60 of the EEC connector.
c. The Signal (-) wire from the MAF meter harness needs an EEC pin which then gets inserted into position #9 of the EEC connector.
d. The Signal (+) wire from the MAF meter harness needs an EEC pin which then gets inserted into position #50 of the EEC connector.

It was the tits back in the day before anyone knew anything about tuning. Hell, I am 100% guilty of getting a canned tune for my '95 4.6L T-Bird and about the only thing that chip did was remove the speed limiter...total waste of money otherwise.

Back in the day it was the only thing around. I remember back in the day folks were ordering these chips out of MM&FF to put on their car.

I was maybe 18-20 around that time and too broke to afford the $400 or so they cost back then.

yeah much has advanced since the 90s in the EFI arena

The worse part about that whole contraption is that it's only worth a connector and about 30 cents worth of resistors which was about equal to 8 cents back then. They made a fortune selling them for what they did ~100x the cost.