Official 2011 NASCAR Thread

COramprat

...I can take it. I think.
20+ Year Stangneter :roc</strong><span class=
Mar 2, 2003
8,474
1,463
223
Sea of Tranquility
I was waiting for Kraw to start but since we are buds I figured I'd start it for him :)

So far...

New Points system...New track surface for Daytona...Speeds over 200...Dale on the pole...Dale wrecks in practice.

So far so good.
 
I'm not a big fan of Jr., but it really stinks for him to win the Pole, then get his primary knocked out and sent to the back. :(

With the "2-car team" strategy of this year, I'm really not looking forward to it, either. I don't like the COT cars at all.

I've become much more interested in Grand-Am and other pro. road-racing series. The 24-hr. Daytona race was much more enjoyable for me. :nice:
 
LOL, dale JR missed his pit in the busch series today because he was looking for the wrong number.

Have decided my man for the season is Joey Logano. Have some friends of the family that worked on his crew when he was in the lower leagues. Say hes a VERY nice and humble guy. Looks like he has the skills to do it. Good chance on the race today.

Got a hookup for free tickets for the 500 tomorrow. Lund tower on the backstretch!
 
I'm finding it interesting how people idlize Jr.'s dad. From what I've gathered his pops wasn't the most pleasant person to be around, even a reporter goes on record saying he tried to intimidate him. Not good in my book, no matter how many races a person wins. Just another professional made into legend in my book, there are much nicer and more talented atheletes that have past that deserve that kind of notariety.
I'm wandering how much of a "chip off the old block jr. is."
 
Jr is a completely different person and racing style. Was like that before SR died. SR was a dirty racer, or a "do what you have to be able to win racer". He was the first person to put a guy in the wall and never look back. He wrecked from trying to be too aggressive. It could be said that his driving style is what killed him. I never liked SR for that reason. Was watching the race he died in and my first reaction (before i knew he died) was **** ya, you deserved that one. JR on the other hand I am more than happy to cheer for. I know people in nascar that have interacted with him on a day to day basis and all think he is 180 from his dad.
 
mfp4073- I agree with you completely! On both posts! :nice:

I will say, though, that Dale Sr. did contribute to a lot of charities and really did do a lot of good while he was alive... off the track. ;)
 
All drivers that make big bux contribute to charities.. it's called a tax break. Look how man of them have The <insert name here> Foundation/Charity/Fund

I was never a Sr fan, but didn't dislike him either. I used to hate Jr, but now that he's struggled, I almost feel bad for him. I hope he gets a win soon, even today.. that would be reallllllly good for the sport.
 
That was a great 500 and with ford finishing 1,2,3 and Bayne in the Ford Motorcraft car winning it all! and for an added bonus not only does Dale JR crash (what else is new) but so does Gordon and Johnson