Oil pressure switch/sensor

DomMc

Oct 17, 2015
Frisco, Tx
Any chance someone could take a picture of where their oil pressure sensor/switch goes on a 2.8L?
I rebuilt my engine and unsurprisingly have some spare parts left over....

I'm assuming I put a bolt in where this should actually have gone. Going by the wiring, it looks like it should be around the oil filter, but would like to be sure.
Any help, much appreciated!

As a footnote, I have the engine running, but the car doesn't like to drive. Got chatting to a guy in work who said that could be the carb, not working well under load - which makes sense as the car was lying in a junk yard for years.
New carb arriving tomorrow. I have high hopes...!

• Sponsors (?)

I don't have a picture handy but it's near the fuel pump on the driver's side. Not intuitively near the oil filter which is on the passenger side, but near where it would be located on other Ford engines. I had to T into mine for my turbo installation, so I'm quite confident it's there, it may be hidden by the exhaust header - it sits right in front of it - and the A/C - Power Steering brackets which it sits right behind.

Reactions: 1 user
The carb could definitely be in need of a rebuild if it was sitting and the seals all dried out. Rebuild kits are cheap and relatively easy to install, as are the 2100 Mexican carb clones on eBay. You might also check to see if your vacuum advance is advancing, those diaphragms dry out and break often as well. A whole new distributor can still be bought for relatively cheap.

The carb could definitely be in need of a rebuild if it was sitting and the seals all dried out. Rebuild kits are cheap and relatively easy to install, as are the 2100 Mexican carb clones on eBay. You might also check to see if your vacuum advance is advancing, those diaphragms dry out and break often as well. A whole new distributor can still be bought for relatively cheap.
Thanks! I got one from AutoZone, 20% with their holiday coupon and free shipping.

Does this look like the right spot?

(I have no idea what, or why that bolt is there)
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.22.11 PM.png
Screen Shot 2019-01-09 at 8.22.11 PM.png