Oil puddling on valve cover near PCV?

trinity_gt

10 Year Member
Jan 31, 2003
Canada
02 GT with a Romeo. Basic bolt-ons and Comp 262AH cams. Low miles (38Kmiles).

Anyone else see oil pooling in valve cover bolt holes near to, and apparently leaking from, the PCV valve on passenger side valve cover? I dab it up and a week or two later there's a fair amount of oil back...

Thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

leaking grommet on the valve cover. i know i have a lot of seepage from my valve covers, but im not gonna worry about it because the motor will be out of the car and sitting on my garage floor collecting dust this time next year.

Thanks. I was hoping the answers weren't going to include stuff like "excessive crankcase pressure"... I can live with just checking the oil more often and dabbing up the seepage.

A lot of people have been having trouble at the Ford parts counter when buying PCV. Do not freak out if they tell you it is:
-special
-preheated
-forty bucks

i was getting it to, even in the ones that were not near the pvc. i guess its the gromets. they seemed to seal up. havent cheched in a while but i dont think it was leaking last time i checked.

Just bought mine today. The first one the Ford parts guy gave me didn't look right. It was a standard "push through a grommet" style. I asked him to recheck and he brought back a second one with an integral O-ring and a 90-degree twist style mount.

It was only $CAD13.