OK another is it worth anything??

I found a 84 notch locally here that has no engine or tranny in it. It obviously was going to be used for the drag strip. Body seems to be pretty straight with very little rust, ( well I didnt see any,but didnt look too hard) but desperatly needs to be painted. It does have the 10-hole alum wheels on it.
I was told the guy goes to the local dragstrip here with another Stang. He may just be up for an offer to just get rid of this thing. (tall grass growing under car) I personaly am not the type to start a project like this, but their are plenty of other ppl that are.
Just curious if I should make an offer then turn it over to someone else for a quick buck?:shrug:

• Sponsors (?)

RUNINAGT said:
I found a 84 notch locally here that has no engine or tranny in it. It obviously was going to be used for the drag strip. Body seems to be pretty straight with very little rust, ( well I didnt see any,but didnt look too hard) but desperatly needs to be painted. It does have the 10-hole alum wheels on it.
I was told the guy goes to the local dragstrip here with another Stang. He may just be up for an offer to just get rid of this thing. (tall grass growing under car) I personaly am not the type to start a project like this, but their are plenty of other ppl that are.
Just curious if I should make an offer then turn it over to someone else for a quick buck?:shrug:
How could you ask that knowing that :worthlesb
:shrug: Show me the Money....er.Stang!!!

Give more details. What else is in the car? Is all of the interior there? Are all of the vacuum, fuel, brake, ac lines there and intact? What's up with the rad? Is the main harness and EEC still in the car?

I ask because I bought mine as a roller here locally and I went through all of the same info. If I hadn't asked the guy, he not might have told me what was missing from the car before I laid the cash in his hand.

Just lookin' out for my fellow stangers. :SNSign:

Edit: If all of those parts are there, depending on the bodywork and stra8ness of the chassis, I would go as high as $1,500. If some of those parts are missing, then I say start bringing it down.

Not to hijack, but what would a 88 coupe 4cl roller be worth that has 3 coats of primer (ppg i beleive) and a finished engine bay (black (ppg)). The door locks and antenna have been shaved, and look good.

straight body, clean paint.
It's got a full interior, and well, anything in the engine bay doesn't matter to me.

Does $600 seem fair, delivered 150-200 miles?

Gotcha thanks man. I only checked out for a few minutes. The engine compartment is pretty well EMPTY. I do remember seeing the master cylinder there but not much of anything else. He did have some boxes in the back seat with some odds and ends pieces. Yes full interior is there and I think it was the gray Pleather :) Seemed like it was descent for the age of it. Like I said just wanted to know if was worth the effort.
Thanks again Don I do appreciate the info. I did see the rear end in place, but who is to say it is good??

RUNINAGT said:
Gotcha thanks man. I only checked out for a few minutes. The engine compartment is pretty well EMPTY. I do remember seeing the master cylinder there but not much of anything else. He did have some boxes in the back seat with some odds and ends pieces. Yes full interior is there and I think it was the gray Pleather :) Seemed like it was descent for the age of it. Like I said just wanted to know if was worth the effort.
Thanks again Don I do appreciate the info. I did see the rear end in place, but who is to say it is good??

I don't know too much about carbed setups ( I asume that's what was originally there based on the year), but I would go for it if I were going to put an EFI setup in it. I'd lowball the crap out of the guy :D because I don't like fooling with vacuum and fuel lines. My 93 LX cost a little bit despite the fact that it didn't have a rad, radio, speakers or speaker wiring along with a few other things, but There were a lot of goodies that I got in return...Brand new carpet and headliner, black dash (the interior used to be red and was being converted), all new weatherstripping, a decent custom paint job (black with blue metalflake) and a crap load of other things. I made sure to find out everything that I could about the car and the end the only thing that surprised me was the fact that the arseface cut a huge hole in the evaporator case to the heater core out.

A lot of it really depends on you and how much work you're willing to put into it so be thorough and knock dollars off for everything you don't see:D. I don't have to many mechanic friends and I don't like spending money on one that I don't know either. That's dough that can go towards parts.

Good Luck

Here's mine:
IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_0148.jpg
    IMG_0148.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 42
Hickfied said:
Not to hijack, but what would a 88 coupe 4cl roller be worth that has 3 coats of primer (ppg i beleive) and a finished engine bay (black (ppg)). The door locks and antenna have been shaved, and look good.

straight body, clean paint.
It's got a full interior, and well, anything in the engine bay doesn't matter to me.

Does $600 seem fair, delivered 150-200 miles?

pffff ****yeah as long as the equipment to open the door is included with the car. What else is missing from it?

I mean't to say 86 roller.... As far as I know/have seen, then only thing missing is the d/s, tranny, shifter, engine and engine wiring, and I would assume vacumm lines. I have been assured no rust or bondo.

Door poppers are not included, the guy was going to make it a track only car. I have been looking around, and can get a kit fairly cheap for electric door openers.

I plan on coverting it with my 89GT... the hood flew up denting the cowl, cracking the windshield, denting the roof, and the drivers inner fender apron is smashed from a wreck that happened at some point in time... So I figured this clean roller is a hell of alot cheaper than body work... and I like wrenching.