Oops, one more question about stripes...

jimb05

Oct 16, 2004
What do you guys figure it would cost to have real stripes painted on the car. I am thinking either white with blue stripes like the "boy racer" prototype or performance red with white stripes in the same pattern. I wanted sonic blue with white but I NEED the red interior :D . It is just too cool. Anyway, any info would be appreciated.

BTW, still no 05 stangs around my neighborhood. Brandon Ford is one of the highest volume sellers in the country and they still don't have any. They have about 30 2004(Roush, Cobra, etc) though. Maybe they are holding up the delivery until they move some more of the 04s.

• Sponsors (?)

My 05 GT is silver (picking it up tomorrow, dealer called me today to let me know it was in, but I didn't get the message until after they closed. Stopped by and looked in the window - it looks great!). Anyway, I'm planning on black racing stripes (10" stripes with a two inch gap between them) over every surface that is painted silver. Just doing the hood, roof and trunk deck looks awful, that's the dealer option. I actually bought a vinyl stipe kit from edecals.com for about $200 and I've got a pro who will install them for $80. I know there are some purists here that hate tape stripes, but my plan is to live with the vinyl for a few months to make sure it's what I want and then get them painted on. No idea what getting them painted at a reputable shop will cost, but I know that vinly is less expensive and they're removable if you discover you've made a mistake. You might want to look into tape stripes (at least temporarily) if you're the least bit unsure about the color/size you'd like to go with.

yeah im going vinyl now,and i can always peal it off. i put a set of 40 series flows and kept the factory tips they fit perfect you cant see them at all unlike factory mufflers . magna flows were out of stock

[QUOTE="car"azy]yeah im going vinyl now,and i can always peal it off. i put a set of 40 series flows and kept the factory tips they fit perfect you cant see them at all unlike factory mufflers . magna flows were out of stock[/QUOTE]

pics?
beatyoass.gif

maybe tom. i should also have the stripes on it. i have a part # for eibach springs and im waiting for a call back from them and i also called steeda and the new tri ax will be out in two weeks along with control arms thicker sway bars and body parts including a hood as seen on there site