Opening the hood like...ummm...a vette?

Ferf

Dec 6, 2002
I was curious if anyone has setup the hood on their '65 -'66 stang to open like that of a vette? I am curious to know if this is possible and if so the steps to do so.

Since my butt is sitting in an apartment in Berlin, Germany (I am here for work) right now, I don't have access to my car to see how or if this could be done. The reason I ask is for safety reasons.

later,

Chris

• Sponsors (?)

not sure what safety reasons you might be referring to, you are still gonig to be getting a good bit of air coming off your windshield.

Im sure it is possible, with the right amount of money. Hood pins in the rear, and some custom hinges in the front that slide....should do the trick.

I'm with allcarfan on the safety reasons. If you're worried about the hood flying back at you, I'd just put some hood pins in it. Otherwise the wind coming off that windshield will can do the same thing - look at how cowl induction works to see why. And think about this: if it lifts back and it pulls off, it's likely to fly right over the car. It if lifts forward and breaks off, it's likely to ram smack dab into your windshield.

Ferf, Forget changing to a front hinge system. It doesn't help and creates several problems for getting to your engine. Corvettes are designed around having that reverst hood...Mustangs are not.

Now get off your butt and go hit the KuDamm.... Say hi to all the frauleins, for me!

I never really knew that there was that much wind coming off the windshield. Thanks!

As for the T-5's, I have seen two I believe. However, both were in the states. One was like a '66 coupe and the other was a Mach1. I have pics of the Mach1 somewhere back home.

I am in Berlin and I have not found too many good lookin' frauleins. With 3.5 million people, you think that I would stumble upon more of them. I am not from that large of a "city" back home in Erie, PA but I see better looking women on a day to day basis there than I do here in Berlin :notnice: God, I cannot wait to get back home!

later,

Chris

Mosse said:
WRONG.. The ones sold in germany... Germany isn´t same as The whole Europe...

Nobody likes a wisea$$...

OFF TOPIC:

Ferf... I can't believe you can't find any good looking women! Granted, I was there before the Berlin wall fell, but I would have sworn that they used that wall to keep ugly chicks out of the city. In 4 1/2 years I never saw an ugly girl and met what is still the most beautiful woman I have ever seen (no, not my wife). Life was good as a single man in Berlin back then... you have struck a severe blow to my fantasy of returning to that wonderful city.

Now get off your butt and go hit the Kudamm or one of the excellant side streets.... Its a foreign country, nobody cares if you hook up with an ugly chick! :D