Opinion on BBK pony wheels

justabigkid

Jul 1, 2007
chicago
Hello, Just looking to buy some pony wheels for my 89 lx, and it seems that I can pick up some BBK pony replica wheels alot cheaper than the ford wheel.
Has anyone ever used these before? Are they good quality?

I know I do not have a show car on my hands but I do not want to buy junk either.

Thanks in advance, Chris

• Sponsors (?)

Oh yea.. There it is...

BBK SpeedWare O.E.M.-style Cobra R wheel is now available in 17" and 18" diameters in both 4- and 5-lug versions. Sold individually.

I would NEVER buy knock-off wheels out of a name brand catalog. The price is way too high. You can find better deals on ebay.

Well, The reason I was asking is because for the pony wheels year one wants 171.00 each where on ebay Brothers Performance is having a clearance sale where they are selling them as a set of four shipped for 350.00. Which seems to be almost to good to be true.
Thanks

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-9...ryZ43957QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
That does look like a good deal. I don't know of anyone that has the Brother's Ponies so I have no idea about the quality.

Meh ... I prefer my OEM Ponies, personally. But 17" ponies would be kinda cool if they look close enough to the real deal ... just dunno if it'd be worth paying almost as much per rim as one could pay for a set of four OEM's with tires any given day on eBay or Craigslist... :shrug: