Opinions on my combo please

He stated it’s going to get tuned. I guess we have differing opinions on this subject. If the car runs like garbage with 30lb injectors, it’s not the injectors fault.

He stated it’s going to get tuned. I guess we have differing opinions on this subject. If the car runs like garbage with 30lb injectors, it’s not the injectors fault.
Yep. I run Deka 80s in my 302 H/C/I combo and according to forum legends my car should run absolutely terrible. It doesn’t though it runs like a stock car and gets about 20 MPG on average. Now I do have a tune by Decipha that has the proper injector slopes and MAF transfer functions.
The only real issue you might have with larger injectors is hot start flooding. I did have to tweak my startup injector pulse width at the higher ECTs to dial in hot starting, but that shouldn’t be a issue with 30s.
The nice thing is no matter what I do to my car within reason I will never have to buy injectors again.

Reactions: 1 user
This is my old civic. Just a JDM vtech swapped em2 5spd. Car was great but the coil overs beat me up too much.
Nothing wrong with a civic. I was just poking at you man. Si civics are fun little cars.

No offense taken, it really has been a great car. As I get older and fatter, I’m considering replacing it with a Camry TRD.

But I appreciate everyone’s advice. I found a couple good deals on the 24lb injectors and a pro m MAF. I highly doubt I’ll do more engine work after this.

I probably wouldn’t have gotten the heads if I figured out something earlier. I never had a fox body before. Car ran fine but just seemed slow. Checked timing, it was at 10 degrees. I know it can be bumped up a little but still seemed slow. Brought it to an old friend who is into mustangs. He found that the balancer was mismarked and it was actually at 0 degrees timing. Put it to 14 degrees and the car woke up.

So you say...

I predict a year or less before you start your next mod.

It's great that you came for information. It's a mixed bag because car fever is [highly] contagious.

Just wait until you discover how simple it is to stuff a supercharger on one of these.

I vote for 42lb injectors and tune ( you know... just in case ) but I also carry the disease.

You never know when that S-Trim might fall into your lap out of the blue.

The heads and intake should give you a good 80 hp or more over stock. You’ll definitely be happy with the results when it’s all done.

I call BS on that.
If a car needs 120 lb/hr injectors to make max power, does the engine run like crap anytime it is not making max power? Nope. It runs just fine during the 99% of the time it is not making max power.