Progress Thread Oregon Pace Car Story to Coolness

Well, I do.
And it is because of you.
And you are not immune to the occasional misspellings.
And some are victims of 'auto-correct' that is not always 'correct'.
CD935935-050F-4DF6-8BB2-64B437252CC8.gif

• Sponsors (?)

I’ve used Bulldog adhesion promoter a lot over the years. Mainly for raw plastic bumpers, moldings and such.

Cleaning the old parts is vital. A red scotchbrite with a sanding paste intended for auto use really helps.

Then a plastic wax and grease remover. If you don’t want to buy a name brand version, just use isopropyl alcohol.

Then the adhesion promoter and finally paint.

If you do a version of this, the paint will last quite awhile.

Of course high abraded areas like kick strips would be better if you can find an old one in the color you want.

Thanks for the inputs. I will get some TSP. I used a dish washing sponge with the green scuff. I looked at the SEM web site for details. did not know I can get the paint in pints. I will be using my paint gun as the can leaves spray lines. Also found paint for the bumper covers. I don't think my cat Pugsly would let me put racing strips on him.....Next questions will cover carburetors. Thanks again, Larry

Would be fun to see a different color but find myself voting for stock.

Cats love carburetors
You know, Jags, Bobcats, Cougars, Tigers, and such.
8e4f0dee0e175e81aacc138bb945f805.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 1 user
I vote for the stock pewter. It stands out in a way another color won't unless it's absolutely perfect. Also, you can go with a Holley Sniper for ~1000 that looks like a carburetor, but performs like fuel injection.

I wanna see it in light blue with bottom charcoal and factory sticker package
can someone do that 'computer stuff' and show it?

The pace car not Pugsly...

Picked up some TSP as advised along with a qt of SEM black interior paint/dye for the interior. Had to order it as locals only carry spray cans. Cheaper this way as I have a lot of panels along with the dash and center console. Hope to paint/dye Thursday. Then time to remove panel on my floor lift and move body to lift to complete body work. Funny how nice the body work I did last year looked until I put the primer on and let it sit for a while. Just wondering where the holes and not so smooth places places came from. Perhaps upgrading my lighting to all LED has something to do with it....Larry

Reactions: 1 user
RIMS: I am starting on several projects before painting the body. Attache find the rims I purchased for my five bolt conversion. 16 Inch OEM Mustang rims. I really do like these. Have OEM Mustang spinners. I also have the OEM 79 rims that came with the Pace Car. Both sets need to be restored. So, as I have been convinced to use the stock color, should I stay with the stock rims? I like the stock rims, but with changing the color though I should change the rims. Lots or work redoing either, so the answer is??? Larry

Attachments

• Rims.jpg
    Rims.jpg
    408.2 KB · Views: 67
Planning ahead: How do I know how much paint is required? I have a sun roof. I figure 3 quarts which ends up at 1.5 gallons should do it. Complete body; engine compartment, door jams, inside the body etc. Since I am asking. What color engine would look good? Basic Ford blue? I am cleaning the engine compartment up, filling unused holes, making panels smooth, that sort of thing. Oh one more thing. I have a set of Edelbrock Alum valve covers. Have had them for years in a box. Finally opened the box and.......I find the hole around the oil cap has some broken bits. IS there something that would repair this without worrying about it melting and have the bits fall off into the head? When I put the parts into the head, the cracks do not show. Hate to throw them away. Thanks muchly, Larry. Getting very warm here. Pugsly has found a new place out of the sun to sleep all day outside..