Progress Thread Oregon Pace Car Story to Coolness

I have two sets of rear spoilers. So, if after installing this it does look cheesee, I can change back with little work. the LED sting will be installed INSIDE the upper section, no tape. The LEDs are sealed within a clear cover. Thanks for the inputs. All are valid. Larry

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

New topic. I have a complete brake set up from a 95 Mustang V8 car. Four wheel disc system. Have the OEM brake valve thingie. When moving from under stuff getting ready to work on the rear axle I noticed this is an ABS brake system. As I am not building a race or drag or anything like that, just a sunny day and car show driver, are the ABS that important? Can I just not hock the plugs up? I looked on ebay for parts, but not that familiar with what I would be looking for. Want to clean up the parts before installing. Getting ready to paint bottom of car with rear axle off. Cleaning up all the chrome trim getting ready to paint black then on to the under carriage and rims. Thanks muchly, Larry

New topic. I have a complete brake set up from a 95 Mustang V8 car. Four wheel disc system. Have the OEM brake valve thingie. When moving from under stuff getting ready to work on the rear axle I noticed this is an ABS brake system. As I am not building a race or drag or anything like that, just a sunny day and car show driver, are the ABS that important? Can I just not hock the plugs up? I looked on ebay for parts, but not that familiar with what I would be looking for. Want to clean up the parts before installing. Getting ready to paint bottom of car with rear axle off. Cleaning up all the chrome trim getting ready to paint black then on to the under carriage and rims. Thanks muchly, Larry
The ABS sensors and reluctor wheels that don’t talk to anything are how everybody here that has done this swap is currently. I’d venture to guess that NOBODY has tried to make these things work as they came from the factory.
Carry on.

In Black....

ford-mustang-oficial-pace-car-2.JPG

FREE STUFF: I seem to have several spoilers more then I need. Here is a photo of one of them. Don't know what year, but it is pretty good shape, with small crack as shown. So, for the price of shipping who ever would like it, please let me know. If you need the glass, something. Larry
Spoiler.jpg

Third Brake Light Project: Found some thin LED strips in my pile of LED stuff. Modified my extra spoiler center section. This allows me to paint the strip to match. The strip does not show until the brake lights are on. Then the LEDs shine thru. How does this option look? Get the third brake light, but nothing stands out....
Thin Lights Off.jpg
Thin Lights On.jpg

Reactions: 3 users
FREE STUFF: I seem to have several spoilers more then I need. Here is a photo of one of them. Don't know what year, but it is pretty good shape, with small crack as shown. So, for the price of shipping who ever would like it, please let me know. If you need the glass, something. Larry
Spoiler.jpg

Do you have any idea if the defroster grid on that glass is any good? Shipping to MA might be a little crazy though.

I know the wires are connected. Don't know how to check them. I will try and do a continuity check with an ohm meter if you want. I can take the glass out. Larry

After thinking about it a bit, i think perhaps this sort of part should be one i source locally vs trying to ship one scross the country. I appreciate the desire to help though.

New Topic: Getting ready to paint this weekend ish.....Still lots of sanding and filling in the engine compartment.. However, my next project will be the front suspension. I have a set of disc brakes, front and rear, from a 1995 Mustang. Also have the rear axle complete. I know I need to change the front ball joints to the 95. Can I just replace the entire lower control and use a 1995 or is there a big difference. I know I need to change the tie rod end. Also replacing shocks and springs with coil overs all around. Any information helps... Larry

New Topic: Getting ready to paint this weekend ish.....Still lots of sanding and filling in the engine compartment.. However, my next project will be the front suspension. I have a set of disc brakes, front and rear, from a 1995 Mustang. Also have the rear axle complete. I know I need to change the front ball joints to the 95. Can I just replace the entire lower control and use a 1995 or is there a big difference. I know I need to change the tie rod end. Also replacing shocks and springs with coil overs all around. Any information helps... Larry

you can use these so the SN95 spindles can work with Fox ball joints. You can also change the whole ball joint, but I don’t think you can use the whole control arm, as dimensions are different.

Reactions: 1 user
Oregon Guy here again. Waiting here in Eugene for the latest protest and staying home, I got lost in the Vortex know as the Internet. I came across several "Pace Car" registries. None of these seem to be very active with the last inputs being several years old. I looked up my Pace Car and saw it was listed, but the notes were very old. So, how does one update these registries? Larry

Paint Color: Yesterday I picked up my paint. Just before getting out the door and heading to Industrial Finishes to pick up paint, I found the list of Mustang colors at LMR. Found the 2021 Mustang new colors. I showed my wife the "Rapid Red" and,well off to the store with a different color request. Has anyone else looked to buy this paint????????????? This is a tri color and JUST THE PAINT, no clear, reducer or even paint brushes....$1,800 OUCH!. So, Ruby Red wins by three lengths....and my VISA still has room on it for the important stuff like coil overs and other good stuff...Larry

Paint Color: Yesterday I picked up my paint. Just before getting out the door and heading to Industrial Finishes to pick up paint, I found the list of Mustang colors at LMR. Found the 2021 Mustang new colors. I showed my wife the "Rapid Red" and,well off to the store with a different color request. Has anyone else looked to buy this paint????????????? This is a tri color and JUST THE PAINT, no clear, reducer or even paint brushes....$1,800 OUCH!. So, Ruby Red wins by three lengths....and my VISA still has room on it for the important stuff like coil overs and other good stuff...Larry
Here’s just a suggestion...We know it’s you Larry, you don’t have to end every single post with your name.

Last edited: