Outnumbered By Idiots

Y'all.... I may have met the idiot at the top of the food chain. I have a thread about my F-150 on the F-150 forum. Check out the last 3 posts (17, 18, 19) between me and Steve83.
I was YELLING AT MY COMPUTER READING HIS RESPONSE...........

https://www.f150forum.com/f10/ppd-repairs-upgrades-general-debauchery-385033/index2/#post5664287

I had a 93 Bronco with a 302 (302 out of a mark VII at that) and auto trans that I used to occasionally pull a Kubota L2850 around with (which according to google weighs between 2790 and 4580 lbs)

It wasn't happy about it, but I never had any problems / anything break from towing... Hook trailer to your truck, it will be fine..

/derail

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

I had a 93 Bronco with a 302 (302 out of a mark VII at that) and auto trans that I used to occasionally pull a Kubota L2850 around with (which according to google weighs between 2790 and 4580 lbs)

It wasn't happy about it, but I never had any problems / anything break from towing... Hook trailer to your truck, it will be fine..

/derail
Im sure it will. I really just hope the guy responds so I can have another good laugh.

I've gone coast to coast (over moutains) in a 5.3L Suburban hauling a 38 foot camper (with tongue), a wife, 4 kids, and all our crap.

What was the hauling debate exactly?
The debate now is not that the springs aren’t worthy, it’s that the wheels bearings that support the weight in this case are prone to fail under heavy loads. This comment was from another guy. I’d be willing to accept that, but once I told him the tongue weights he said it would be fine

The debate now is not that the springs aren’t worthy, it’s that the wheels bearings that support the weight in this case are prone to fail under heavy loads. This comment was from another guy. I’d be willing to accept that, but once I told him the tongue weights he said it would be fine

Yep... I had to install air-bags and monitor tongue weight as well.

Incidently: The Ford factory trailer brake that works off of the master cylinder is hands down, the best brake out there. The only time you have to touch it is when you switch trailers.

Yep... I had to install air-bags and monitor tongue weight as well.

Incidently: The Ford factory trailer brake that works off of the master cylinder is hands down, the best brake out there. The only time you have to touch it is when you switch trailers.
That's for damned sure.

The only thing I really liked about my 2014 is how Ford set it up for towing. They got that 100% right. People think I'm BSing when I tell them that a 3.7L N/A V6 truck pulled like a BEAST. Between that trailer brake, the throttle and shift adaptives in tow/haul mode and the perfect suspension and hitch geometry, the thing just worked.

The Toyota I replaced it with tows really well too, but I miss that smart trailer brake and the tow/haul mode when I hit hills with my big trailer.

facepalm.png

Oh my lawd. Dude is doing his best to prove that a clutch fan has absolutely no load on the engine. I can’t deal with this anymore.

Well.... That kind of depends on conditions. At cruise with a stabilized engine for instance, is should be nearly nothing. You still have the viscous fluid (in some) to overcome but the clutch is released. At highway speed, it's mostly windmilling.

Well.... That kind of depends on conditions. At cruise with a stabilized engine for instance, is should be nearly nothing. You still have the viscous fluid (in some) to overcome but the clutch is released. At highway speed, it's mostly windmilling.
Youre right, and I'll admit that I misread the post a little.

But that fool still said that a clutch fan has the ability to add power to the engine. I read that sht several times to make sure I understood and then LOL'ed.

Youre right, and I'll admit that I misread the post a little.

But that fool still said that a clutch fan has the ability to add power to the engine. I read that sht several times to make sure I understood and then LOL'ed.

I saw it. He looks one of those guys that made an "oops" but will argue it to the bitter end regardless.

Reactions: 1 users
Please provide him with a link to the, "Outnumbered by Idiots" thread and ask that he comes and teaches us all how this works: https://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/threads/outnumbered-by-idiots.893430/

I can take care of any issues that he might have registering for Stangnet. I can be reached at [email protected]

/cutpastehere

He sounds like that other old dude we used to have in here that spouted "half-correct" tech like it was gospel written by Henry Ford.
Barney? i think he got banned on the corral too

Reactions: 1 users