P1131 code + where does this go? + pics! hotcobra03 help me maybe?

Night Shifter

Dec 24, 2005
Daytona
ok i have this code coming up: P1131 - Lack of Upstream Heated Oxygen Sensor Switch - Sensor Indicates Lean - Bank No. 1

when driving the car it has these little surges of power (aka it bucks) under normal driving.. say im driving at a steady 40mph, the car will just buck out of nowhere.. it does it sometimes under throttle..

i had this problem a while back when my cai came loose but right now i have checked, double checked, and checked again and it's 100% tight... this all started after the header install...

now, the only reason i call on hotcobra03 is this :

For DTC P0171, P0172, P0174, P0175, P1131, P1132, P1151, P1152, P1130, P1150, P2195, P2196, P2197 or P2198 : GO to H42 (or GO to HA42 for natural gas vehicles only). For driveability symptoms without DTCs : RETURN to Section 3 , Symptom Charts for further diagnosis. KEY OFF. GO to DC26 .

DC26 CHECK TO ISOLATE MAF SENSOR FROM LEAN DRIVEABILITY OCCURENCE
Note: Due to increasingly stringent emission/OBD II requirements, a fuel system DTC on some vehicles will be generated without a noticeable driveability concern with or without the MAF sensor disconnected. Under these conditions, if the BARO, LONGFT1, LONGFT2 and MAF V PID indicates a MAF sensor concern, replace the MAF sensor.

Disconnect the MAF sensor.
Key on, engine running.
Drive the vehicle.
Is the lean driveability symptom (lack of power, spark knock/detonation, buck/jerk or hesitation/surge on acceleration) gone?

this was from one of your discs and that last part explains what it is doing while driving the car..

what could this be?

Also, we found this just dangleing around in the engine bay.. it's coming out of the wiring harness to the injectors and i cant find anything it plugs into...it is extra or something or am i just missing its connector?

DSCF2706.jpg

DSCF2709.jpg

DSCF2713.jpg

and a small note, the header install and everything was done back in april and this is the first day ive seen the car since may when i dropped it off to be refixed (long story) and my parents picked the car up and have only driven it a bout once a week and said the surging/bucking has been going on since they picke up the car...so ive really had no seat time in it other than just afew hours today and i really need to figure thiso ut cause i have a 10 hour drive tomorrow.. thanks for any help guys and sory for the long post

• Sponsors (?)

code

while i think...when you installed the headers..what type of headers?

did the o2 plug reach? did someone add to harness by chance?

how about other codes? all if so will help....

have you tryed switching o2s left to right and see if code changes? code following o2s will show bad o2...same code shows problem in bank 1....

while i wait ill look about wire

I think it's a ground connector. There's a threaded stud on the intake manifold under the exhaust valve regulator (EVR) plug. The wire should be routed over the fuel rail and plugged into this stud.

posted via mobile device they are mac LT's.. no other codes and i havnt tried switching o2s back and forth..i will try that...it seems to stop after the car up gets fully warmed up after a little while of driving :shrug: i checked fuel rail grounds and spark plugs and wires..seems to be no problem there..would having no gasket between the header to h on the pass side cause this?

evr

this could be a start in finding your miss,,

seeing how dirty the engine bay is brings up alot..

its easier to fix a clean car,,,dont ask why ,but on a clean car the problems jump out...

on a dirty engine you need to hunt it out...

keep us posted on progress,,

I think it's a ground connector. There's a threaded stud on the intake manifold under the exhaust valve regulator (EVR) plug. The wire should be routed over the fuel rail and plugged into this stud.

Posted via Mobile Device thanks trinity...it seems to have stopped...for now..and thanks hotcobra03 also...and yeah its dirty due to living on a dirt road for 3 years..hard to keep clean...but today is the first day in month that ive even seen the car so cleaning is on my list of things to do

problem still exsits even after i grounded the wire...

now i am leaking coolant from the aluminum crossover in between it and the intake....ghey

any other suggestions? new 02 sensors maybe :shrug: or new tune?

Did the problem follow the sensor or say on the same side? if it followed the sensor (ie triggered a code for bank 2) then its a sensor issue. If not then you have something wrong with your wiring.

You COULD also have a vac leak. I threw a lean code and it ended up being the ****ty c&l meter the car had. I put a stocker on and have no issues and the car runs a lot better. Check to see if you have any leaks. CLEAN the engine bay with Engine brite, once its clean an exhaust leak will show real quick with soot deposits on the firewall area (or under the car since you have lt's)

ok so my bucking problem has not gone away but it only does it until the car warms up...once the care has been driven for about 5 to 10 minutes and the temp guage starts to get close to the middle it drives nice and smooth..... wtf?

codes?

ok so my bucking problem has not gone away but it only does it until the car warms up...once the care has been driven for about 5 to 10 minutes and the temp guage starts to get close to the middle it drives nice and smooth..... wtf?

question

how did you get code before?

any new codes...do you have anything to use for diagnostic readings? predator/sct,,,,

i dont know about your bucking problems but, when i first installed my o/r x-pipe i didnt have it tightened all the way and had an exhaust leak and it kept having similiar too lean codes, and after i tightened them and fixed the leak it stopped having those codes.