paxton novi 1220 VS vortech v-3 si trim

91foxbod50

Sep 26, 2007
What is the better buy of the two? im looking for a good amount of power without haveing to do hci. what supporting mods should i do for the blower? any opinions helpfull thankyou

• Sponsors (?)

I'm running it on my 331 which already has everything done to it, heads, cam, intake etc. but I had to upgrade my 30 lbs injectors to 42's to ditch the FMU, changed out my 155lph pump for a 255 lph, went from a Pro-M 75mm bullet mass air to a 80MM Pro_m shorty "blower" mass air meter and purchased a Chipmaster Revolution chip which I had a tune burnt onto.

Are you bolting onto a stock motor? Then as it comes should be good enough for now.

install always takes longer then recommended. It was easy to do but because I ditched both my smog, and power steering and with no a/c I had to take some time to figure out the proper belt routing. If it is a daily driver I would start on the Friday and hopefully be done on Sunday. I've put 2000 miles on it so far, no problems. It has a nice blower whistle at idle, definetely stands out but no overly loud.

1220 sl

I just installed the 1220sl, in retrospect I would get the V3. Most likely you will end up wanting the bigger fuel pump, the ignition retard, and the bypass anyway. + the xtra boost. Just my 2 cents. Install is not complex but does take time. Email when you want install info.

I bought a paxton 1220 sl polished. Got a good deal on it, Jegs had the polished sl listed for less than the satin, plus they had a $250 rebate then.

I havent installed it yet for a few reason, one being that my car has 128k miles. Bunch of parts I want to put on before the s/c.

Like others said, you will prob be getting a fuel pump, ignition retard, bypass valve,etc. Im going to be buying all those things as well before the s/c gets on. However, for how much I paid for the s/c I dont think its worth it to sell and then get a V3 si.

Been cosidering selling the 1220 sl and then forking out the extra cash, what you guys think?

Future plan, 331 short block, trick flow h/c/i, then the sl running 7/8 psi......

I'm planning on putting the 1220 on my 331 which is 10:5:1 compression 400hp N/A After tons of research I've basically decided that running about 5-6lbs of boost with proper tuning I should be fine detonation wise. I can't wait to get this puppy installed and easily pick up 100+ hp. If I blow it up it just gives me an excuse to build the 408 I've always wanted!! :rlaugh:

Reactions: 1 user