PCV Valve

I've been back and forth with a parts dealer and have narrowed mine down. The part number off my PCV is Fords Catelog # for the 03 Cobra. Very Strange Stuff.
Anyway, if I get any more info on it, I'll let you know.

• Sponsors (?)

First of all, why do you want to replace it? The last pcv I bought from ford sucked and didn't work right from the store(aftermarket t-bird one worked much better). I'd stick with the one you have unless it is making you blow oil out of your valve covers.
as for:
to Jiffy Lube for an oil change...they recommended that I have them replace it.
Please don't EVER listen to those guys. They are trying to con you out of $$. So far they told me that they "smelled something burning its the rear diff fluid" and wanted me to pay them to change it. I went home smelled nothing burning, changed the rear diff fluid myself and it looked like it was almost new oil in there(almost clear). We drove that car a long time after that and had no problems.
They told the wife last time that her new explorer was leaking radiator fluid from the cap, needed a new air filter, and the rear diff needed the oil changed now. Mind you the engine bay looks brand new. I checked the radiator cap...no fluid anywhere or evidence that their ever was. Radiator fluid level and cap have been fine since. Her explorer has like 30k miles on it and does not "need" the rear diff changed, or the air filter.
Last time I went into one they would ask each customer out to their car(so the other customers don't hear them) one at a time and say misc things were wrong that they could fix...for a fee. I've been to a few Jiffy Lubes around and they are all the same.
Don't trust what they say, they are just trying to sell you something.
That and they told me the oil pan bolt(not my car) was stripped so I took it to a dealership (didn't have time to do it myself). Dealership said they were liars and the oil pan bolt is perfectly fine.

Mine is leaking oil out onto the valve covers. I would get an aftermarket style but no one makes the screw in type (that I can find). I know many people change them just for preventive maintenance, which is okay too.

As was mentioned earlier, you twist it out, small twist and it should come easily. The black elbow on there doesn't come off easily nor is one included when you buy a new valve. The part number is weird as Autozone carried 'em for the Cobra's but not the GT's so I got one from a dealer. Just reuse the black elbow, use a heat gun and you should have no problem working it off.

LOL Youre not gona break it. It has two notches that its locked in via two tabs....turn that thing clockwise and the notches will line up with the tabs and it will come right out.

Dude I have 42thou on my car and my pcv valve is fine. I did have a leak but it was the vacume hose connected to it. I fixed that with a clamp.

Once you take the pcv valve out, shake it. You should hear a ball rattle. If it does, you're ok. Put it back in and ride