Progress Thread Pearl To White - Paint Time

• Sponsors (?)

IMG_5346.jpeg

Looks sharp! :nice:Looking forward to seeing it with those few details completed.

Putting any colored tape in the bodyside molding? or staying all-white?

Thanks fellas. I’ll most likely be asking some questions on how to reassemble certain things since I didn’t remove them. Some parts I don’t even know what they are. I’m leaving the car all white. After running racing stripes for years I like the look of just all white. Here is a pic of my original rear bumper compared to the new white.

IMG_5355.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Have a question fellas. I have not had a chance to look into this or actually look into my car at all since getting it home. But one thing that I noticed was that when I sat in the car and turned the key to on I could always hear my fuel pump in the rear come on. Well I heard it come on like normal but what wasn't normal was the sound I also heard coming from in front of me.

I don't know how to explain it, but it was a sound I've never heard before. I don't know if it was the sound of fuel pressurizing running to the engine or what. I do have a T-Rex pusher installed for my S-Trim and also have a fuel pressure gauge installed in my cowl vent. So while sitting in my front seat the sound comes from somewhere in front of me. Any ideas what might be going on? I plan to look into it this weekend if I have some spare time.

The first thing I'd do is check for leaks or fuel smell, cause you certainly don't want to have a fire after just getting it back. Is your FPG a mechanical one? Maybe pull the fuse for the fuel pump so it does not come on and see if the sound in front is still present and that will tell you if it is related to the fuel system or not.

• Useful
Reactions: 1 users
Noises I have heard when bringing cars back from the dead.. Seat belt buzzers, fuel pumps, Door open buzzers... Best one was the lights on my turn signal indicators were on but did not blink....
Turned out to be my emergency flashers turned on with a bad flasher on my 77 stepside...
DSCF0218.JPG

Reactions: 1 user
The first thing I'd do is check for leaks or fuel smell, cause you certainly don't want to have a fire after just getting it back. Is your FPG a mechanical one? Maybe pull the fuse for the fuel pump so it does not come on and see if the sound in front is still present and that will tell you if it is related to the fuel system or not.
I don't smell any fuel leaks. It's a mechanical gauge. I'll pull the fuse and give that a try. Thanks.

Noises I have heard when bringing cars back from the dead.. Seat belt buzzers, fuel pumps, Door open buzzers... Best one was the lights on my turn signal indicators were on but did not blink....
Turned out to be my emergency flashers turned on with a bad flasher on my 77 stepside...
DSCF0218.JPG
So.......you found it by the curb with the trash :p