PHB - install ?

Torinalth

Founding Member
Jul 16, 2002
Clayton NC
Hello there everyone.

time for another addition to my suspension, and this weekend is my panhard rod, and LCAs. since the move i have been left Toolless for the most part and will be getting my new sockets and jack stands friday night. after which i will be laying my car up for as long as it takes to do the install. however, after reading the directions 7 times (falling asleep on time number 4) i think it will be fairly easy, just a bit time consuming.

now i figured i'd ask those that have come before me.. is there going to be a gremlin popping out at me at some point in the process that i completely misjudged? common problems... i dont doubt i can work through it.. just be happy if i knew of a problem before i hit it :p OH, and if anyone happens to have a spare set of MM Road Race LCAs.... or maybe a rear coilover conversion kit... anyhow...

thinking everything will be fine aside from the drilling (hate drilling). OH and if anyone has CLEARER thoughts on where the hell i am measuring and hanging the plump-bobs... i'd be happy to hear it... pics look like they are randomly hung and dont corrispond with what i was interpreting the location to be. but thats why i have all weekend with no plans, just incase i have to come here to beg tom and san for help :)

Torinalth

• Sponsors (?)

to be quick..

small drill with sharp bits, sorry gotta say it about the drilling :lol:

it looks complicated on paper but once you get down to the ground and have the car level on jacks and start holding up the pieces to where they go you'll get a better understanding, looks like cake

the LCA's will be a pain in the butt if you the axle moves around on you, which it probably will when you take out the stock ones

now, back to my tax problem :mad:

It's fairly straightforward, just don't drill until you've measured up about 10 times. I fitted mine with the help of a friend and a ramp, I wouldn't fancy doing it on my own with jack stands! I also used a laser guide to line up both sides where the rod is bolted. The ramp also helped me to get a jack under the axle casing to re-align the axle when changing the LCA's. Oh, it's worth the trouble, she doesn't kick her @ss sideways nearly as much over the bumps.