Pic Request: Exhaust under gas tank

TomCat

Apr 19, 2005
Utah
I'm looking for pics of exhaust setups routed directly underneath the gas tank. I was eyeing my car today and though it might look pretty damn badass. Dunno what I'd search for on here though!

Thanks in advance

• Sponsors (?)

i dont know that its ever been done, mostly because it would kill ground clearance. especially because it also has to poke out from under your GT valence. maybe someone can do a decent photoshop of it, i'd guess that it doesnt quite look as good as you imagine. its rare that any GT looks good with tailpipes coming out from under the valence

Hmm, you may be right. I wanted to swap out my rear cover so I could have tips, but I'm not sure on the looks of any other rear with GT sides and front, so I figured it might be the middle path. Hopefully someone has done it and can show pics, if not... I'll ask for a PS or something.

Thanks!

Not only would it heat up your fuel in the tank...but depending on the placement of the pipes it may be close to the pump which would be even more detrimental. A hot fuel pump is no good.

Thanks guys, I didn't even think about the heating issues. 25th, do you have any pics of what you've got? I was looking at clearance and I don't think it'll be any lower than my H sits. Weird angles on my driveway might be a problem, though.

The best pictures I got.

510784_408_full.jpg

510784_409_full.jpg

510784_412_full.jpg

510784_417_full.jpg

it wouldnt have issues, do the 03 cobra's have issues? You have some room in there so air can get in there and cool it some, would you feel it loose power? no, unless you take the tank shield off and run it right on the tank.

the 99, 01 and 03-04 cobra cat back does not go under the fuel tank, it goes under the diff which is tucked up quite a bit higher, and then AROUND the fuel tank.

like this...
pht20001101cbs01.jpg

pht20001101cbs03.jpg