Picked up an almost 100% stock SSP car, are factory mufflers available?

1993SSP

Founding Member
Sep 5, 2001
Ky
I just picked up a 92 SSP car a few days ago. It's bone stock right down to the air silencer. The car still has the cats on it. only mod seems to be a set of flowmasters and the tail pipes are missing. I was thinking about doing a resto on it, I'd like to find some stock mufflers, if not, what would you guys suggest as a stock type replacement?

• Sponsors (?)

I have seen an OEM replacement exhaust but cannot for the life of me, remember who it was that sold the thing. It wasn't NOS but a replacement/reproduction of the OEM exhaust from the h-pipe back.

Perhaps someone else has seen and remembers who sold it. If I recall or come across it, I'll post.

Good Luck. Oh... and pics!!!!!

I will try to post some tommorrow, the car is on the rough side, original paint that has not been taken care of and neither has the interior. I have been hunting for a FHP SSP car to restore for awhile and finally found one. I had intentions of turning it for a profit at first but now I am thinking bout keeping it, this makes my 3rd fox coupe, I think I may have a problem :rlaugh:

I'm pretty sure you can get a stock replacement type cat-back from a regular auto parts store like AutoZone. But I'm too lazy to look it up and verify that, haha.

Doesn't Flowmaster make a "Hushpower" muffler? That might not be a bad direction to take. Better than stock without all the noise and drone.

5.0 Resto has a Ford Racing cat back, I think its the same as the OEM style except for the tails, which you can get at a number of company's. 5.0 Resto also has tails, but lots of company's do, not sure who makes the best original appearing types. Call them or Ford Racing bout that cat back- they sounded amazing back in the day with just an off road H pipe. When my motor is done, I may go back to it(though a Flowmaster sounds like a proper 5.0 should)