pondering

bennettracing

Founding Member
Aug 26, 2002
Ava, MO
Hey guys, I am currently putting together my motor, even though the car won't see the light of day for several months, here's my current plan:

std bore 347 stroker short block with E7 heads w/ minor porting work done to them.

My question is, as I'm starting to look into cam selection, what will my MAXIMUM lift be with these heads? In the future, I'll probably rebuild the top end with different heads/cam combo, but for now I need to save some money to pay the body shop dude. Therefore, for now I'm going to use a set of E7's I have laying around, probably smooth out the ports, knock a little off the thermactor bump, and call it a day.

Does anyone know the MAX lift and duration cam I can go with, I haven't decided on what rockers to go with, but I can calculate that in with the cam, all I need to know is how much lift I can put on the valve without collisions, not that I'm going to go that high, but it would be nice to know what my max limit is.

Thanks for all the help,

Kyle

• Sponsors (?)

It all depends on the valvesprings, will you be using the stock ones or getting new? If you're keeping the stock ones I wouldn't go over .500"...going beyond that would be a waste for those heads anyway cuz they do not flow anymore after that. I would say throw an old E or B cam in there and call it a day, and when you rebuild your top end with some nice heads, opt for something a lil better.