Portland machine shop recommendations?

Steel Steeds

Aug 31, 2005
Portland, OR
I have a 351W block that is ready to be tanked/bored/honed, and I'm looking for a reference for a machine shop that does good work in Portland. I'm in NE, but don't mind a drive if it will minimize headaches. Top priority for me is high quality work, fair price is second priority. Send me some options! TIA.

• Sponsors (?)

I have a 351W block that is ready to be tanked/bored/honed, and I'm looking for a reference for a machine shop that does good work in Portland. I'm in NE, but don't mind a drive if it will minimize headaches. Top priority for me is high quality work, fair price is second priority. Send me some options! TIA.

I haven't had any work done by them, but I've seen several motors built by sandy machine, and they've turned out great, and are still alive even though they've had the snot beat out of em, other than that them I'm drawing a blank on machine shops around here...

You can try Somers machine they are in Vancouver WA. they do Circle track, drag racing and street engines. My engines have come from there for over 20 years. Ray 's last engine was built by Archie as well.
## 503-286-1096
Vulcan.

I haven't had any work done by them, but I've seen several motors built by sandy machine, and they've turned out great, and are still alive even though they've had the snot beat out of em, other than that them I'm drawing a blank on machine shops around here...

I used to have Rick at Sandy Machine do all my stuff untill we moved to Vancouver. He is semi retired now working out of his shop at home. Now we have Sommers Machine do all our work. Not the cheapest but " cheap isn't good and good isn't cheap " :D

I used to have Rick at Sandy Machine do all my stuff untill we moved to Vancouver. He is semi retired now working out of his shop at home. Now we have Sommers Machine do all our work. Not the cheapest but " cheap isn't good and good isn't cheap " :D
ah yes, that's his name, he's a hell of a cool guy :D I used to talk to him about different combo's I could drop in my chevelle whenever I dropped parts off to him when I was workin at deans auto repair in sandy