posi rebuild help

NKau

Founding Member
Dec 15, 2001
Jefferson, WI
Trying to get a factory trac-loc back together, and am having some trouble. I probably need to use thinner shims, but I'm having trouble keeping the little shims on top of the little spider gears as I use a punch to try and 'rotate' them back in. Any helpful tips?

• Sponsors (?)

your correct you need to go with a smaller shim. Did you do the mod?? that leaves you with 4 each fiber disks on each side?? Chris

Yeah, I reused the middle clutch from each side (kept them towards the middle) and did the PCSCSCSC stacking method. Ended up with a .030 shim on each side. I was surprised that after swapping carriers that the lash was nearly perfect at .010; felt really good after the way this little project has been going. Hopefully I'm happy once I button it up and fill it with fluid sometime this week.

when i rebuilt mine with the extra disk, i couldent use the shims on the ends of the spider gears, and i had to grind the 2 flat spots all the way up/down the big pin..it makes a small clunking noise when the clutches spin, but it's set up tight, just the way it should be

~Mark~