Possibly getting 18x9s, would like some educated tire help

astronut1885

Founding Member
Jan 31, 2002
Assonet, MA
Hey guys. I'm working on getting a set of 18x9 Steeda Ultralites for my 04 GT, but I have no clue on what size tires I'll need to get. These are 18x9 all around. I want something that will give me good grip, and will look nice. I'm into corner carving, so I'd like to not have alot of sidewall bulge. Any educated info would be appreciated.
Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks sanman. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to get these. I was at a mustang meet tonight, and one of the guys there has a set of 18/9 and 18/10 saleen replicas he wants to sell for $400.00. They're the ones with the ZR center caps. He said they're mint except for a small scuff on the lip of one where his dad bumped it with his work truck. I guess the insurance gave him enough to get 4 new ones, and he has a pristine car, so he got a whole new set. I'm gonna take a look at 'em, and if they are as good as he says, I'm going to put them on the car. So now I guess I need to know the best tire setup for those. :rolleyes:

Thanks sanman. As it turns out, I'm probably not going to get these. I was at a mustang meet tonight, and one of the guys there has a set of 18/9 and 18/10 saleen replicas he wants to sell for $400.00. They're the ones with the ZR center caps. He said they're mint except for a small scuff on the lip of one where his dad bumped it with his work truck. I guess the insurance gave him enough to get 4 new ones, and he has a pristine car, so he got a whole new set. I'm gonna take a look at 'em, and if they are as good as he says, I'm going to put them on the car. So now I guess I need to know the best tire setup for those. :rolleyes:

Thats good. I was going to suggest you get 18x10 rears instead... I had 9s originally, the 10s are way better.
I have the exact rims you are looking at, and I'm also into handling. BFG KDW2, 295/35/18, 275/35/18. Get those. Definitely get those. I have unbelievable grip now. Its the best tire I have ever driven by far. Way better than my old Pilot Sports.

I'm totally in love with this setup. You will be too.:nice: