powerheads,patriot heads,fox lake,mph???

productj1

Apr 3, 2004
Looking to get some heads for my 00 gt. Not sure what is gonna be the best way to go. Powerheads are the best deal and will make around 60-65 rwhp.
Any suggestions please let me know.

• Sponsors (?)

Looks to me, that simply porting the heads will add 45RWHP, then their cams give another 15 for a total of 60RWHP for us 99-04 guys and 110 for the 96-98 guys...and man the modular looks VERY simple to build. Anyone notice we basically have blower cams from the factory .510 intake and .530 exhaust...not sure about overlap, if its blower friendly. I wouldnt mind sending them my heads when i forge the engine, wonder if they would P&P them for me? Houston performance will probably do it,if they are still around. Tempted to do it before, just to gain 40RWHP LOL.

i see the MPH stage 2.5's are $1850 no core...

I still need to use my stock cams or purchase new ones correct? What else is needed to complete this? Would a P51 intake be a good pair for this?

How much power would this put down with VT 2's, a P51 and the MPH Stage 2.5's

And how much would I be able to sell my PI heads, cam, and intake for?

Well MPH is the king of the flow #'s right now.

1. MPH 235,[email protected]
2. foxlake 223,[email protected]
3. vt 220,[email protected]

now flow numbers are not the end all of HP though. All of these heads will produce power.

I you look at price

1. mph $1,895
2. vt $2,000
3. fox lake $2,195

If I were buying right now MPH would get my money based on price mainly. they all give you comp springs and either ferrea or modmax valves.

Hiltonizer said:
i see the MPH stage 2.5's are $1850 no core...

I still need to use my stock cams or purchase new ones correct? What else is needed to complete this? Would a P51 intake be a good pair for this?

How much power would this put down with VT 2's, a P51 and the MPH Stage 2.5's

And how much would I be able to sell my PI heads, cam, and intake for?

so can anyone answer my q's

Well as far as power it is all a guess. I can say that with longtues, p-51, vt stage II's, MPH heads, and tune you should be 320rwhp+ I would think.

Basically those parts listed are about the best n/a combo you can have. I have seen poeple in the 330's and 340's but If I remeber they had the solid lash adjusters and pulleys couple other things. that starts to get near the end of the stock meter and injectors as well I do belive so during the tunning process you may need to mess with some things.

Basically, each has their ups and not many downs. All are good companies with one exception.

I'm not slamming Patriot, but there have been several instances of problems with their heads. Not sure if they've got it fixed or under control yet though.

I'm leaning toward Powerheads as Ralph there is an excellent guy. VT is top notch and very experienced also.

mogs01gt said:
looks like MPH removes the swirl dams, Fox lake leaves them in. Interesting.

I was wondering the same thing. VT told me they only remove the swirl dam on forced induction cars. Also, VT sells Fox Lake heads so you're getting the same product. My VT heads came in fox lake boxes, lol. I paid $1700 for mine a couple of months ago.

I have talked to powerheads and they said they flow 228 and 208 and for the price fully assembled with cams for 2100 without core and 1750 with core. ????????????????? and they are not nececarilly all using the same type of flowbench either.