Predator Tuner Question

Mach428

Dec 7, 2003
I've reserched the threads and I haven't seen an answer to a question I have. Is there a computer program out there or any possible way to view your cars A/F Ratio through the predator/labtop in order to properly tune the air fuel ratio. Also, what do you all think of your predator tuners? I was thinking of buying the tuner and a C&L Inlet pipe and 85mm MAF for my Mach 1, any complaints any good feedback??

• Sponsors (?)

You cannot accurately guage your air/fuel with the predator alone. You can add or remove fuel at wide open throttle, but you don't really know what your baseline A/F is so it is guesswork. You can get a wideband O2 sensor, which I think runs about $400 and then you can tell what it is.

Leave your MAF alone...unless you are pushing 400 rwhp.

I gained 13HP and 12TQ when I went and got my Mach dynoed and got the Predator tune dialed in to the best setting for my Mach. That was worth the $350 cost of the tuner alone. And the other things it can do is just a nice bonus. If you don't have a tuner yet, you should get the SCT Excalibrator 2. It's the newest tuner out. I think they run about $400.

Option 1: Get a wideband O2 sensor with a display gauge. Read your a/f. Dial it in with the Predator.

Option 2: Get a dyno run with a/f readings. Dial it in with the Predator.

The Xcal2 allows you to connect a wideband O2 sensor to it. It'll save you the cost of the display gauge, compared to Option 1 above.

As far as basic functionality, they're about the same. You're probably better off with an Xcal2. It sounds like you might get deeper into tuning. The Xcal2 has a better upgrade path.

Crzyhrse said:
I gained 13HP and 12TQ when I went and got my Mach dynoed and got the Predator tune dialed in to the best setting for my Mach. That was worth the $350 cost of the tuner alone. And the other things it can do is just a nice bonus. If you don't have a tuner yet, you should get the SCT Excalibrator 2. It's the newest tuner out. I think they run about $400.

+1

Also as stated in a previous post you need a wideband o2 sensor to check your a/f ratio accurately.

propellerhead said:
Option 1: Get a wideband O2 sensor with a display gauge. Read your a/f. Dial it in with the Predator.

Option 2: Get a dyno run with a/f readings. Dial it in with the Predator.

The Xcal2 allows you to connect a wideband O2 sensor to it. It'll save you the cost of the display gauge, compared to Option 1 above.

As far as basic functionality, they're about the same. You're probably better off with an Xcal2. It sounds like you might get deeper into tuning. The Xcal2 has a better upgrade path.

I agree with this.

the xcal2 has the option of the pro racer package later on. this is a program that allows the end user ( you) 100 percent ability to change your tune.

the pro racer package with a wideband and you fully tune your car.