Engine Probably Going To Get Flagged But Need Help On Engine Build

I wouldnt pay 350 for a gt40 cobra intake. Now if you told me you were getting the explorer gt40 which is the same intske for 150 bucks then id say hop on it. there are much better options out there either way. No matter how you slice it rebuilding your stock bottom end with machine work and parts and all you'll be somewhere in the 1000-1500 range using what is in there and just re ring and re bearing with freeze plugs and cam bearings.

Why the dire need to rebuild? why not just throw an HCI on the car or put a blower on it with supporting stuff and make close to if not 400 hp on a stock engine and have it drive just like stock.
I was typing a response just like this.... You said it better though @TOOLOW91

• Sponsors (?)

400 horsepower and 3000 bucks is a tough one without used parts and a lot of mechanical knowledge. You gotta figure...stock a gt only put out 225 HP. The e303 cam is the same as a 93 cobra cam. With same intake and 1.7 rockers and explorer heads and 24lb injectors it'll put out about the same horsepower as an earlier cobra model... Still not 400hp. Supercharger good but with other parts to make it work....still over 3000 without the rebuilt bottom end.

I have ported gt40 heads, ported cobra intake, e303cam and a supercharger pushing 6psi, with 30lb injectors and 75mm tb and all the other supporting mods. (I maybe* make 400 at the flywheel.)
The bottom end is a stock rebuild, balanced and new pistons. Just machine work on the block crank and rods cost 800$
Stroker kit (327 kit standard bore 302 block) cost around 1600$.
On top of that it will make more power. All the parts are new, it just makes more sense.
Or find an explorer bottom end they are built well.

I see everyones point. Maybe 400 is to much 350 can still be fast. I do plan on doing a blower next year or 2. I found brand new trickflow twisted wedge 170cc for 1000 dollars maybe a good deal ?

I may be better off finding a built motor already
At that point you will not know with any degree of certainty what you'll be getting. The world of buying used parts is super fierce especially if a seller is looking to get one over on an unsuspecting person. I would surely pass on buying a used motor!!

I've given you a solid direction to look at, not saying that it is the only choice but this is far from my first rodeo ;)

Reactions: 1 user
I will look into this is that the cheapest u can find this kit
Feel free to shop around but don't forget to PM some of our sponsors here to see what kind of discounts they may offer to members. I think you will find the trickflow kit very complete and comparable in price from site to site. The kit I linked above makes 350hp no if ands or buts about it

Thanks for your help man. I will shop around and look do you have this kit ?
I've used this kit on several cars in our shop. Years ago we used this kit on my brothers 93' and with the AOD trans were able to make quite a few 12 second passes at the track. Once we installed the Vortech Si trim on his car with this kit the car made 500rwhp and with a/c and a stereo system was able to go 10.90's at the track on street radials

Reactions: 2 users
At that point you will not know with any degree of certainty what you'll be getting. The world of buying used parts is super fierce especially if a seller is looking to get one over on an unsuspecting person. I would surely pass on buying a used motor!!

I've given you a solid direction to look at, not saying that it is the only choice but this is far from my first rodeo ;)
Here's what buying a used engine gets you .... That's a broken crank btw
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1443817672.763374.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate