problems with x-pipe install

1994Vib.RedGT

Aug 19, 2004
Denver, CO
I got everything installed, but i am thinking the pipe might be too short?? There is a gap between the flange on the x-pipe, and the flange on the header collectors, and i am definetly not connected because of the LOUD rumbling coming from under my hood. can anyone helo me out here, is there supposed to be a gap between the flanges??? did anyone else have problems with fitment when using bassani o/r BX x-pipe?

• Sponsors (?)

If you put it on in your driveway then there's just a good chance you need a little more patience and some ajustment and it'll be fine. It should bolt up directly with no problems considering your headers are good. Unbolt the tailpipes completely from the X and loosen up the header bolts and move it around to ajust it. Before torquing it all up use your fingers to see if it's lined up good around the seals if not move it around somemore. It's a PITA to work under the car w/o a lift.

Are you sure they sent you the correct x pipe? Specifically, one designed for our year car (94/95)

Fox body mid pipes are shorter in length, so if they accidently sent you a fox body pipe that'll explain why there's a gap?

I put my BBK Xpipe without cat's on last summer. No problems. Just lots of grutning, pulling and pushing.

The metal hooks that are welded to the Xpipe? Do they fit into the rubber hangers no problem? In other words, do they line up or seem short?

94GTNJ said:
Are you sure they sent you the correct x pipe? Specifically, one designed for our year car (94/95)

Fox body mid pipes are shorter in length, so if they accidently sent you a fox body pipe that'll explain why there's a gap?

I bought a custom x-pipe that was for a Fox body and it had a few little issues but otherwise it fits fine, but it just hangs down about an inch lower than the stock one. I never planned on lowering the car anyways...