Progress Thread Project Copper Can

So I’m back again lol
Got the rear back in the car and all sound and good with that.
Took the car out a couple of times and realized now I’m to the point to needing relocated lower brackets. So that’ll be a winter project this time.
Last rental I went to at MDIR I must’ve really had some good air because my intercooler blew apart. YES APART! I did get some good shots though while there

Reactions: 3 users
That will blow a pressure cooker. That’s a tough engine.
Not worried about the motor lol planned on hitting 35# this past year with it
Sorry if I missed it but what turbo are you running?
Jose from forced inductions 485 it’s a 85 compressor wheel with a 100 exducer wheel

Reactions: 1 user
Photo dump...

since I’m waiting on the intercooler still my buddy was pretty hung up. Went ahead and decided to put a motor plate in the car. Went on race craft and ordered it. Upon first putting it on I realized indeed need new headers so a buddy of mine was kind enough to give me his old set of flowtechs.

Bought myself a new welder from another buddy who was upgrading so I can finally practice more on tig welding and now do some aluminum tig. I am by no means a master but gotta start somewhere right

had to get some reducers for the flowtechs because of the 3” collector. Went to monkey fab and ordered a set of reducing v bands from 3” to 2.5”.
Also went on CSR website and ordered a new electric water pump after having a belt sling off and overheat the car I was done with that.

Attachments

• 347E2D5B-4E31-4D16-8E8F-789FAAAFE753.jpeg
    299.7 KB · Views: 70
  • C520E6A7-0A8F-4A83-B3FE-981767BCC420.jpeg
    348.5 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: 2 users
Also decided to order a new turbo for the car forced induction 488.

Starting to find that the new exhaust will hit the bottom radiator hose so made a call to Glenn Payne at mad racing parts to get a new -16 hose with crimp on ends.

Also got a new stifflers crossmember and adapters for the turbo400

Reactions: 2 users

Let the fun begin, should make rewiring a breeze. Thinking also of goin over to mpc real street since not time racing in maryland for a turbo car is pretty much non existent.

Reactions: 1 users
Been workin on the car some more picked up a ultra street legal precision 76mm turbo. Reworking the hot side using a new sequence manufacturing t6 flange and new stainless piping. Reused the same turbo smart wastegates as well.

Reactions: 5 users