Project updates

Dan'l

Founding Member
Aug 2, 2001
wisconsin
Been A W O L , forgive me, :rolleyes: My son has adopted another project for his buddies, an 84(or thereabouts)ranger 4 wd with what I have been told is a 1600cc carbed motor. My question ( to the guys in the know) 1-Is this a similar block to the 2.3, 2- will a 2.3 bolt up to the bellhousing?, What stumbling blocks will I encounter If I help them swap a 2.3 in? I've got wiring harnesses/brain boxes/ect-Are these motors from the same family, or will I have to rebuild what is in there?///nother topic-88tc, motor seems to run pretty good(patched the gas tank), parked it next door for a few hours, got in to bring it back and doesn't seem to connect at all. (could be a broken shifter/cable), is there an electrical connection which would prevent the torque converter from coming in? Anyone want it? it still goes for $650 as it sits.(I'm hitting busy season and need yard space). I'm busy with o.t. and the spare job trying to cover my new furnace install, so I haven't been around much. Anyone need parts/sub assemblies, get in touch with me, I don't have the time to get much done(and know where more parts are sitting) That's all for now, Later, Dan

• Sponsors (?)