Prolly a dumb question...

EmperorXII

Founding Member
Aug 19, 2002
Cincinnati, OH
Alright, I just had a clutch put in about 2 months ago...but the car hasn't shifted correctly for a long time (just doesn't feel right when shifting). And recently it's gotten worse. Also now I have to take my foot almost all the way off the clutch before it disengages. The dealer says it needs a new clutch...but its only 2 months old. Is there anything else it could be?

• Sponsors (?)

Try engauging the clutch, release and then lift the back of the pedal with your toe. That will adjust the clutch cable if there is any slack. If it doesn't help I'd take it back to whoever installed it since it has only been in for 2 months.

Alright, I just had a clutch put in about 2 months ago...but the car hasn't shifted correctly for a long time (just doesn't feel right when shifting). And recently it's gotten worse. Also now I have to take my foot almost all the way off the clutch before it disengages. The dealer says it needs a new clutch...but its only 2 months old. Is there anything else it could be?

Problem is you are trying to take your foot off the clutch to disengage it :rlaugh:

Just kidding man, I don't mean to pick, sorry about your clutch, I take it back and complain :uzi: :flame: :chair: