purchasing 17x9 for sn95 and need a tire. I knw im gonna hear do I a search, i did..

90lxwhite

I'm kind of a She-Man
5 Year Member
Aug 25, 2011
Between the Red and Rio
Hey fellas ok fellas I'm purchasing 17x9 saleen sc's and putting them on an sn95 and I want to put same size tire all the way around. what do you guys think 275/40, 255,40, or any else? I know im gonna hear do a search or whatever and I got a lot of different opinions. I'm kind of shying away from the 275's b/c I hear people say that the ride suffers and it may rub and that the turning radius is crap, So where does this leave me? (the wheels I want come as a package with 275's but not sure I wanna run them) I'm wanting good performance and fairly well mannered, but guess who doesn't can you have both??

PS:
I roll my eyes a lil when I read when someone tells someone "do a search." C 'mon fellas our cars are 15-20 years old, how many new topics are going to come up..?

• Sponsors (?)

I ran 275's up front on Cobra 17's and they did rub. I was also running a Tubular K-Member, stock A-arms and was 1.5" lower up front. Steeda installed rack stops when they did my alignment so I wasn't able to crank the wheel all the way until it rubbed. It wound up being a really good idea, it didn't rub at all after that. You can run a 275 all the way around with possibly some modifications. You never know until you try it.

This was right after the 347 was installed, no alignment, slammed and rubbing.
Garage12-29-05.jpg

Attachments

• Garage12-29-05.jpg
    Garage12-29-05.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 420
So whats a better option? Is it the 17x9 rim that causes all the issues, would a 17x8 be a better choice (I don't really see many 8"ers out there with 5 lug) So ah man I never thought Id have such a time choosing tires... I want the saleen sc's but don't want the tire hanging out of the finder well yet I don't wanna be riding around on pizza cutters either.

You realistically have to go with a 17" x 9". If you don't want any rubbing issues go with a 245. I've run 275s all the waybaround for forever now. It rubs a little on the sway bar when you cut it real hard. It doesn't damage anything and it honestly isn't really that annoying.

Kurt

You realistically have to go with a 17" x 9". If you don't want any rubbing issues go with a 245. I've run 275s all the waybaround for forever now. It rubs a little on the sway bar when you cut it real hard. It doesn't damage anything and it honestly isn't really that annoying.

Kurt

This.. I've run a 275 up front for 9 years now.. The ONLY thing it rubs is the sway bar at full lock.. So what?? It's not a hard rub