Quad Shock Missing

ZachMorris

Jun 21, 2017
Hi guys,

Looking at purchasing some rims and tires for a birthday/Xmas present for myself and I was thinking the anniversary 17x9 fronts and 17x10 deep dish rears.

I’ve read some conflicting things on whether or not these would fit. Some people say you need to flip your quad shock. I climbed under my car and noticed that mine are completely gone. I checked the build sheet on the car and it says FMS Police upper arms boxed...would these eliminate the need for quad shocks ? Complete noob here...car has no drivability issues or wheel hop so I was shocked to see them completely gone..

• Sponsors (?)

Boxed upper arms just means there's a brace welded on the upper arms. Normally they are U-shaped.

Your quads are missing because someone took them off. If you don't have wheel hop, you can just leave them off

FMS = Ford Motorsport SVO

As in aftermarket control arms.

By "build sheet" I think he means a list put together by the previous owner of parts that were installed, or by the shop that did the work, not a "broadcast sheet/build sheet" used on the Ford factory assembly line.

Reactions: 1 user
It all depends on the specs on the wheels. Offset and Backspace. Also, are you running fox length axles or a disk brake setup that pushes them out 0.75".
Still running the fox length axles....I was hoping to grab the 17x9 and 17x10 LMR Anniversary kit. I really like the deep dish look on the rear.

Size: 17x10
Backspacing: 6.25"
Offset: +25mm

I have 18x10s with 285/35 tires, rolled fenders, no quad shocks. I had the tires run one time that a I recall. I was in a weird grassy hill at New England dragway and it stuffed one corner and I heard a slight rub for a split second. Never had the rear tires rub. Also never had wheel hop even with the stock upper control arms and some no name lowers.

FMS = Ford Motorsport SVO

As in aftermarket control arms.

By "build sheet" I think he means a list put together by the previous owner of parts that were installed, or by the shop that did the work, not a "broadcast sheet/build sheet" used on the Ford factory assembly line.
You sure know how to dash hope, man. :doh:

Hi guys,

Looking at purchasing some rims and tires for a birthday/Xmas present for myself and I was thinking the anniversary 17x9 fronts and 17x10 deep dish rears.

Someone might have pulled the quad shocks because they had a big tire out back, or they might have pulled them for no reason at all. No driveability issues, no wheel hop: leave them gone and continue on. Don't over think this one.

Kurt