question about lentech AOD trannys

notch88

Oct 3, 2005
hey everyone im about to upgrade my t-5 to a aod tranny....and not the crappy stock ones.....i was wondering if anyone has some opinions and advice for me about these lentech aod trannys or art carr aod trannys or performance auto matic aod trannys....these are the main three that i know of that take the stock aod and rebuild them completely and fix the factory problems and make a sweet tranny made to handle some power.....all that i have seen are all around 2k and i was about to order a lentech since i thot it had the best features..it handle the most hp out of the three and has a lifetime LTD warranty plus free shipping ..its a christmas special...i was just curious if anyone has purchased one of these and give me some opinions about it and advice....thanks a lot!

• Sponsors (?)

I had an Art Carr aod in my 86GT and loved it. And plan on putting it in my 84 project. It was behind a blown 331 seeing about 10#'s of boost, and has held up pto low 11's times on Drag radails. Have a couple buddies running Lentech's and and work very well. One has the full get-up with trans barake and all, and has ran 10.50's in a 3900 pound 93 vert. Don't think you can go wrong with either shop.