Question for the younger Fox guys (22-)

• Sponsors (?)

I remember being quite young(6-7) and seeing the foxes at show and shines my Dad would take me to. Being in a hot rodding family the 5.0 carried a certain stigma. The price though was what eventually led to me being able to get one. I couldn't afford a 60s car and didn't want to deal with the rust issues of a 40 year old car. I have two foxes right now. I'll keep my '89 since i've had it for too long to give up but eventually when the funds are available i'm replacing my '88 notch DD with something newer. Prices here are going up more and more by the year so whether or not you call them a classic or not the market is showing appreciation for these cars.

I dont consider it a classic nor do i consider it a muscle car. The car falls smack dab in the middle of a grey area in automotive history... the terrible 80's lol. The main reason I love my fox so much IS cuz i dont consider it a classic or muscle. I consider it a cheap way to have fun, and a car with unlimited potential. If i thought it were a classic i'd have a hard time modding it cuz my conscience would say leave it alone. Thats not the case tho, so I can tear the sucker apart and build exactly what I want.

i consider mine 80's muscle.

a few of my buddies who have newer cars, 96 mustang, 06 mustang....they always ask me why i bought an older car...i tell them its just the car i love....

o agree with cervinstang they have aged well...parked next to newer cars, a nice clean foxbody blends in..(unless it mine then it stands out lol). they still have modern touches to them that are still around today.(styling wise)

i could see my self in any other car, to me the 5.0 symbolizes a muscle car of its era. if i was in my 20's when the fox came out i would of bought one no questions asked. there are few new cars that i like, i prefer the older cars for some reason....although i wouldn't mine having a 05+ i consider them "Modern Muscle"

I know Mustangs are an American Icon but I feel us FOX owners are different they are the cars our dads hated because they didn't even look like mustangs and had that "fancy fuel injection you couldn't even work on" and no creature comforts for the other crowd. They just define a generation to me. I don't know where I would be without my trusty Fox and my Alice in Chains CD's there just what I know and love. God Bless the Fox!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree with you 110% the LS1's were the last true muscle cars, the new camaros might have a chance but im not sure

the new camaros with their cushy suspension and flashy retro bling are in the same class as the new mustangs and that bloated pig they call a Shelby. IMHO those cars are more status icons than muscle cars. a muscle car to me is a car that has little creature comforts and is designed to be rocketed down the drag strip on saturday nights. I for one love wrenching on my car, it doesnt bother me in the least when it breaks down every other week. that's part of owning a high performance vehicle. I have owned a 72 T/A, a 99 Z28, and now I have my 93 LX and the one thing they all have in common is the fact that they spent a 1/3 of their lives on jack stands in the driveway.

not exactly

A classic?....well kind of

I'm 31 and I've liked Fox Mustangs since I was about 14. I always wanted one when I was in highschool but I couldn't afford one. I dreamt of owning one for over 10 years.

To me the car is just like nothing else out there. I have tried several times to explain to my other buddies why I bought "that year Mustang".

I finally got a "budget" one when I was about 25 and loved it. It wasn't perfect though and had some rust issues, so I got rid of it about a year and a half later. After searching for over a year I finally found my dream rust-free black LX hatchback.

I must say I enjoy driving this car more than my 99 GT or my 99 Cobra. I prefer the look of it too. Some of my friends and family think I am crazy but... :D

While not exactly a "classic" in the general sense of the word, it will always be more of a true Mustang than any other body style as far as I'm concerned.

The prices of rust-free foxes in the midwest have about doubled in the past 5 years.

ill probably get flamed for this, but i actually like fox's more then any early model mustang. i rarely look at the older ones at shows

ditto

the new camaros with their cushy suspension and flashy retro bling are in the same class as the new mustangs and that bloated pig they call a Shelby. IMHO those cars are more status icons than muscle cars. a muscle car to me is a car that has little creature comforts and is designed to be rocketed down the drag strip on saturday nights. I for one love wrenching on my car, it doesnt bother me in the least when it breaks down every other week. that's part of owning a high performance vehicle. I have owned a 72 T/A, a 99 Z28, and now I have my 93 LX and the one thing they all have in common is the fact that they spent a 1/3 of their lives on jack stands in the driveway.

AMEN! to me mustangs after 93 are all chick cars and status symbols, well put

I view the fox as a middleground between the classics and the new school stuff. It has the computer along with newer features, but it is a lot simpler, and still carries a dizzy along with an old school heart. It's also an easy car for someone with not a lot of experience with motors to really get their feet wet, and parts are cheap and plentiful. I view the fox as the 69 camaro of myn and my previous generation.

werent the 60's mustangs not considered muscle cars? weren't they pony cars? i mean all muscle cars had the same thing like big ass car with a big block engine (not counting 427cj or 429). like camaro was a pony car but the chevelle was a muscle?

i consider mine 80's muscle.

I would say that's the perfect defninition for it. Not the 70's Stangs, GTO's, and Chevelles, but 80's muscle.

And I do agree, since 94 they've become a chick car unless you get a Cobra or something. It honestly pisses me off when I see a woman drive a GT, because I know that car is not being given its full performance potential (there are some exceptions of course, like ~Franknstang~, LisaGT, and my girl.)

My friend (81elky350) makes fun that I drive a girls car (even though he likes 'em too)...and it would be true if it werent for the sn95's.