Question on hose inlet on side of block

Hey yall, I'm rebuilding a 289 I tore down a long time ago, and there's this hole on the side of the block that looks like it may go straight into the coolant passages. But I can't for the life of me find out what goes there and where it runs to. I've got a picture of what it looked like when tearing down, and it looks like there was some sort of barb fitting in there, but I don't know where it runs to or what it does. I know I don't have much info to give, but any help is really appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_5985.jpeg
    IMG_5985.jpeg
    299.1 KB · Views: 38
  • Sponsors (?)

I've worked on a bunch of 289s in my early days, swapped a bunch into cars, trucks and don't remember any coolant nipples on the front or rear of any 289 block, need a better pic.
Do you remember what it's out of?

Is that just one of these (cannot think of what they are called)?

1716247196348.jpeg

Only asking as I have the ground bolted in that area of the block on both of my cars. Without a better picture its just a guess.

Is that just one of these (cannot think of what they are called)?

1716247196348.jpeg

Only asking as I have the ground bolted in that area of the block on both of my cars. Without a better picture its just a guess.
I could not see the pic very well and when the General said it was a coolant nipple I figured the worse..
If its a stud, like in the pic above, for grounding purposes, a great place to ground the block to the firewall in my opinion...