questions about and SCT tuner...

i have the chance to buy a JLT CAI and SCT tuner that is "unlocked" for a fair price. i have a 2010 mustang gt all stock with mufflers. eventually down the road i will be installing LT headers and off road x pipe. can i get a tune written and emailed to me from some the the popular tuners like brenspeed or bama? or would i have to get a tuner from them? also, when buying a used tuner what is there to look out for?

• Sponsors (?)

Yes they will sell you and email you tunes, what to look for? Device info, make sure that after the fw version and tr there are unlocks left and after that will say unlocked or unmarried or it will say strategy and there will be nothing there, if it says locked, married or there is a strategy (will be letters and numbers) listed then it is locked

Bama will "sell" you lifetime tunes for $150,
if you plug the tuner into the obd port it will show if it is locked.
I boght a used one and love it.....you can change the settings on it for CAI and other options as you add them
no need to pay the $150 for custom tunes for the mods you have planned

spoke with Bama today, ill order tunes as needed or might opt for the 150 dollar tunes for life deal.

also i picked up the SCT tuner and CAI.... installing it tomorrow after i fill the car up with 93 oct.... supposed to be a wild increase i guess we will see.