QUESTIONS ABOUT MY 94' COBRA

if it came from the factory with a 70mm maf does it pay to put a larger one on for any reason, and can the stock gt40 p heads flow as well as the aluminum turbo swirls i have on my gt or should i swap them. i have a 94 but it came with an svt badge on the rear deck??? and finally, how did they rate this motor at 240hp when fomoco sold the same motor in a crate with 270hp, the biggest problem i think slowing this car down is the gears, i think if i put 355's in it i should pull low 14's. tell me if this is accurate, this is my first dealings with the new sn95 stangs, i love this car i enjoy it more than my 90', and the best thing about it was i got it in a trade straight up for my gsxr1000, i think these 94-95 are the best bargains in the mustang world right now!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

yes 94=95 cobras did come with a 70mm mass air meter. I put a 75mm pro-m bullet on my car and i noticed a big difference in the higher rpms. The 3:55 gears would help u out alot i believe the cobra came stock with 3:08 or 3:07's i cant remember. :shrug:

Yes, the MAF is the same as the GT's, 70mm. A guy on corral dyno'd somewhere around 10rwhp from a PRO-M 77mm. Get either a 77mm or 80mm PRO-M and you should get a nice gain. Your car doesn't have GT-40 P heads, it has regular GT-40 heads. The aluminum GT-40 X heads will defitely flow better than your stock heads.

Jake

Our tb's and Maf's are the same size as the GT's stock. About your SVT badge...94's didn't come with them but it could have been added. If your 8th digit in the Vin is a "D"...then no worries it's a cobra. Cobras are Underrated @ 240. When you look in the magazine @ the 270 horse figure you'll also see it lists other bolt ons to acheive that #. Our cars do like the bigger MAF's too. Good luck with her.

GTJake said:
Yes, the MAF is the same as the GT's, 70mm. A guy on corral dyno'd somewhere around 10rwhp from a PRO-M 77mm. Get either a 77mm or 80mm PRO-M and you should get a nice gain. Your car doesn't have GT-40 P heads, it has regular GT-40 heads. The aluminum GT-40 X heads will defitely flow better than your stock heads.

Jake

i thought all 94 an 95 cobras had the gt-40 P heads

GTJake is right. The Cobra's came with cast iron GT-40 heads. The sig at the top of the forum lists all the stuff the 94/95 Cobra's came with. I know you can also get info on any cobra by contacting Ford SVT.
Mark