Quick Question w/front end conversion

86TTGT

Jun 18, 2010
I currently own an 86 GT 5.0 but I am not a huge fan of the front end. And was wondering if the front end off a 89 - 93 would mount up without a problem. Or would I have to make some modifications.

Not sure if anyone has done this yet. But I was just curious.

Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

no, no one has ever done this.

yes it will mount up, and yes you will need modifications. Do a search. This question pops up at least once a week. To do the swap correctly there are quite a few parts you are going to need.

Thanks. Yea I figured I would need some parts to get the job done. Just don't like the front end. And didn't know if it would be a waste of time or not. Thanks again.

Don't let FrankenStang hear you say you are going to desecrate a 4 eyed stang. She will hire one of the illegal immigrants that frequent Arizona to do a hit on you...

I would kill to put an 85-86 GT front nose on the front of my '88. I think it's the most aggressive nose put on a Fox Mustang.

You really sure you want to get rid of it? It's got great potential. I love these noses

25609050003_large.jpg

i hate when people find clean 85-6GTs and want to make them Aeros. Yes, im aware this debate is old as hell and pretty annoying to have to see over and over. But aero cars are plentiful as hell, you want that front end? Buy that car. Pretty simple. There are a lot of guys who love those 4 eyes cars, no need to kill one off just to have a car that looks like everyone elses.