Quick Question.

lutador83

Founding Member
Jan 15, 2002
Rockville, MD
Hey guys,

I was wondering if any of you have gotten to drive a 96-98 GT 5 spd. If so, how much of a difference do you feel from the 6? Reason I'm asking is because I definitely felt the difference when I test drove a new GT several days ago (thinking about getting one, but don't know yet).

It just kind of sucks because everything I drive feels a little slow because of my brother's Cobra. He ran this weekend at MIR and went 11.6 @ 122mph. He wasn't happy with it because he wants to hit 10.99. A couple of more tweaks and hopefully he should be there :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

ChrisYellowV6 said:
i drove a gt 5 speed one time for the hell of it, and i've driven my friend 97 auto, and I could tell a difference, but of course your're comparing apples to TV's there.....

This is very true..that's not a fair comparison. However, my friend had a 95 5.0 GT standard and I :owned: him in the quarter with a 01 4.6 GT automatic. You could tell the difference in engines between the two...his car was louder, but mine would move alot better.

From what I've seen, the 4.6's will scream once they open up. I drove 1.......I think it was a 96...couple years back. They have great torque.....great sound......but I don't remember the "****** you up by your ass" power of a procharger......maybe it's just me