quiet this down!!! please

Mar 31, 2005
i just put my o/r H on 3 days ago with my existing mac cat back and stock headers.. thing is loud as hell!!! yes it sounds great ( everyone at my work and other friends make fun of my buddy and his 90 lx 5.0 for spending 1,500 on bassani lt's, x pipe, and cat back so his car can sound "half as bad-ass as mine does now"<- (i dont know the truth behind that, just what everyone says) the only problem now is that it's loud as hell in a state where this is 100% illegal, would shorty headers quiet this down a bit? equal laength or not to quiet it down...? im just so paranoid taking off with a cop anywhere within a half mile lol

• Sponsors (?)

You prob. just think its really loud, do you still have all teh sound deadening in the car, rear seat??

Have somebody drive your car around a parking lot with you outside to see if it really is as loud as you think

Headers full length or shortie will not decrese the sound level at all, if anything increase it because of more airflow, assuming your cats are intact, and you have tailpipes out the back, your only option is changing mufflers, in my state 90 decibles is the limit. Which mine sounds loud to most people but its well within the lehal limit.

dude i know all about what your talking about my is ungodly loud. My dad drove mine down our subdivision and good lord you can hear the car for a long time after it is out of site. I have to drive around from 1750-2250 to stop cops from following me cause its so loud.

well im glad to see matthias turned my thread into guys talking about dicks... he has a way of doing that... :rlaugh: ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC...i still have all the noise deadening material in the car as well as the backseat and the tail pipes however as i said earlier... its an offroad H pipe (= no cats)so... i had my dad drive my car the other day just to see how loud it really is and yep it really is that loud... aside from my neighbor and his 496 chevelle and 1 chamber mufflers(800+rwhp) i am easily the loudest car in town... actually it rivals most harleys at WOT... hard to believe but i kid you not....i am clueless as to why my friends 90lx with the same setup wasnt nearly as loud... hmmm i thought exhaust got louder with time not quieter

I went from Shorties with and O/R H to LT with an O/R and to me the shorties where way louder the the LT's. I have 2 chamber flows on and it sounds pretty good. I would say maybe try the 3 chamber flows. There still loud and have a good tone. My buddy has them with LT's and high flow cats, still sounds good

droptopford 5 0 said:
well im glad to see matthias turned my thread into guys talking about dicks... he has a way of doing that... :rlaugh:

:rlaugh: :lol: There goes the rest of my orange juice all over the computer monitor. My boss is REALLY gonna love that! lol.

If you think the MAC's are loud, never go with SLP. I still don't know exactly how loud my car is from the outside, (nobody else ever drives my car) but I have a video of me doing a flyby, and OMG!! it sounds like a NASCAR. I like it though, and actually so do the cops. I've had them give me the thumbs up before. :hail: I love this town. lol

droptopford 5 0 said:
well im glad to see matthias turned my thread into guys talking about dicks... he has a way of doing that... :rlaugh: ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC...i still have all the noise deadening material in the car as well as the backseat and the tail pipes however as i said earlier... its an offroad H pipe (= no cats)so... i had my dad drive my car the other day just to see how loud it really is and yep it really is that loud... aside from my neighbor and his 496 chevelle and 1 chamber mufflers(800+rwhp) i am easily the loudest car in town... actually it rivals most harleys at WOT... hard to believe but i kid you not....i am clueless as to why my friends 90lx with the same setup wasnt nearly as loud... hmmm i thought exhaust got louder with time not quieter
Usually X-pipes are a lil quiter down low, thats just from my experiance. I use to have a mac O/R H, and It was loud. Got teh neighbors callin the cops on me, So I said screw it and got a catted X, and it got quiter. Still have the neighbor complaining though, no biggie I just give it a nice rev every once in a while when hes out :D

CManT1914 said:
:rlaugh: :lol: There goes the rest of my orange juice all over the computer monitor. My boss is REALLY gonna love that! lol.

If you think the MAC's are loud, never go with SLP. I still don't know exactly how loud my car is from the outside, (nobody else ever drives my car) but I have a video of me doing a flyby, and OMG!! it sounds like a NASCAR. I like it though, and actually so do the cops. I've had them give me the thumbs up before. :hail: I love this town. lol

hey man i also have SLP's but with the stock midpipe, you thiink you could possibly post that vid? thanks

i guess i must just have a bunch of :taco: cars around here because i AM still the loudest...but no one has slp's or stingers etc... so w/e ive decided to just live with it until i get pulled over... as soon as i can stop the pipe from hitting the control arm and the frame over the axle!! mac did a horrible job welding my driver's side muffler :bang: