raced my buddys z28

mustangkid05

Mar 10, 2006
it was done at an old airport in new jersey, was not on the street!!!
so any way, both of the times we raced were from a dead stop and we had my friend flag it, so i beat him the 1st time(i got a better jump off the line) and the 2nd time it was a dead tie all the way up to 90 then he hit the brakes. its a 95 z28 bone stock and mine is 01 gt with minimal mods lol in sig:nice:
the reason i did this post is because alot of people say its a drivers race and that is true :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

I got schooled by my buddies LT1 Z28... its an auto and those things come out of the hole HARD.

From a roll it was 50/50, if I got the right gear I could take him.

I use to race my buddys auto z28 all i had on my car was a catback and intake. He would jump me off the line then id still pass him and he had a little bit of exhaust work and an intake. But for the most part it was fairly close id probably have 2mph higher trap through the 1/8th and win by .2 seconds.

Z28 FTL :D .

I usually see an anniversary maro when I drive my car to work. Looks pretty badass. The kid driving it always revs at me when we pass going opposite directions, sounds mean too. That thing can probally tear me a new a-hole. I pretend I don't see him :D

Lol, I get a kick out of you guys.

I have the feeling I'm going to get flamed for this.

1st, understand that I'm not trying to piss anyone off, I love these cars, and I love the 4.6 forums. If I didn't, I wouldn't have gotten myself into the payments I have for my 04.

LS1s are not unbeatable though. My 90, which I consider mild, will take down stock/mild LS1 Camaros all day long. I have maybe 2k in the whole car, including a shortblock rebuild (stock specs on the shortblock btw) and the typical bolt-ons, which I won't get into a lot of detail about.

It regularly beats my friend's 01 LS1 six speed Corvette.

It's not that hard.
Well I guess it is for the stock/mild 4.6's as I avoid them in my 04.
I'm just tired of everyone pissing and whining about LS1s.