radiator fan blows hot asss air

yea this is in the 4 banger.. i dont really think its a dumb question.. u see a fan and a radiator which is supposed to keep the engine cool.. but all it does is blow hot air.. something must be wrong.. and my car overheats at idle.. its runs very cool while im driving.. but as soon as i get in to traffic or stop somewhere then start back up.. it will overheat

• Sponsors (?)

sgarlic said:
I want to start off by saying this thread is asinine. With that in mind, the only idea I could come up with (and consequently the most ridiculous idea I could come up with.. which matches the ridiculousness of this thread,) is.. to get a piece of sheet metal, and bolt it to the top of the radiator support, then have it sort of curve down to just in front of the pulleys. Maybe that would direct some of that hot air downward instead of directly onto your engine.
When your motor goes from 100 degrees everywhere in the bay to 250 then obviously there is room for improvement. Asinine would be ignoring the problem and saying "I can't do anything about it except put ice on the intake" Mr Icer