Radiator for stock 91 mustang GT

MrPerfect2

Jul 23, 2019
Washington DC
Auto trans / working A/C - all OEM style parts - new fan clutch and 192 thermostat - going to replace radiator to try to get temps down a bit . Any suggestions on a OEM style radiator - I found several in the $100-$150 range - anybody have experience going this route instead of a bigger radiator ? Any manufactures or features to look for ? Thanks
31860DAC-E85F-4B12-AA1B-8D16079DAA88.jpeg
156F6D9F-F404-42DE-B77B-BB94F85077A6.jpeg

• Sponsors (?)

@Noobz347 Duplicate thread an hour and a half apart. You already have a "cooling issue" thread with all the info. Why in the world would you make another with the same exact pics and questions? You will find that makes people not want to answer. Or maybe it's just me.

I made this thread for a radiator suggestion , not on what is causing overheating or the cat question I had. I figured some different readers who did radiator replacements may be more inclined to suggest what to look for in a radiator . Sorry if I crossed the line and you were offended by this post -

I made this thread for a radiator suggestion , not on what is causing overheating or the cat question I had. I figured some different readers who did radiator replacements may be more inclined to suggest what to look for in a radiator . Sorry if I crossed the line and you were offended by this post -
LOL....wasn't offended at all. Just trying to help you with how things work around here. Btw.....it's all the same folks that read both. That was my point. No need for two. And "radiator" and "cooling" are the same thing according to the pics you posted. This thread will end up getting deleted probably since it's an exact duplicate. It's just nice to have all the details in one post...That's all.
Btw...my opinions/comments are not representative of the management here :jester:

I have a crappy radiator for Advance Auto. It's been working fine with my AFR 165 based H/C/I setup for years. Even keeps the car plenty cool when it's 100* and the AC is on.

LOL....wasn't offended at all. Just trying to help you with how things work around here. Btw.....it's all the same folks that read both. That was my point. No need for two. And "radiator" and "cooling" are the same thing according to the pics you posted. This thread will end up getting deleted probably since it's an exact duplicate. It's just nice to have all the details in one post...That's all.
Btw...my opinions/comments are not representative of the management here :jester:

Thanks Wayne for not tearing into me too much , lol - I see your point and respect your opinion ( you are a long time member of this forum ) I get a bit OCD if drinking too many Nattys , lol
Sure thing. I never intend to tear into anyone. Sometimes I have to go back and smooth a bit. Btw...I have the SVE aluminum and it's working ok. It's cheap too.