Ranger Cam

Stinger said:
I'm alot more willing to trust and actual side by side comparison while taking measurements of the events than so called internet "specs"...unless that stands for "speculation" ;)

Ooohhh boy.... Well, anyways I'm doing my ranger swap, when it's done I'll pull the cam, if somoene wants to tell me how to measure a cam, I'll measure mine, compared to the older rollers in the mustangs :spot:

• Sponsors (?)

CruzNlife1 said:
Ooohhh boy.... Well, anyways I'm doing my ranger swap, when it's done I'll pull the cam, if somoene wants to tell me how to measure a cam, I'll measure mine, compared to the older rollers in the mustangs :spot:

Simple.

Before you pull your old cam out, get a dial indicator and measure your valve travel.
Put a degree wheel on your crank and record the intake and exhaust events using both the degree wheel and the dial indicator.

Mike SVOR said:
Simple.

Before you pull your old cam out, get a dial indicator and measure your valve travel.
Put a degree wheel on your crank and record the intake and exhaust events using both the degree wheel and the dial indicator.

TurboRay on TF did this...he got the exact same specs for both of them.

Stinger said:
TurboRay on TF did this...he got the exact same specs for both of them.

Cruze asked how to measure a cam, Not if they were different.

Stinger, I wouldn't put too much faith into other people's claims.
If I had a penny for every time someone told me something was a fact when It turns out to be false, I'd be on a cruise ship sipping pina coladas. :)

Mike SVOR said:
Cruze asked how to measure a cam, Not if they were different.

If I had a penny for every time someone told me something was a fact when It turns out to be false, I'd be on a cruise ship sipping pina coladas. :)

and he would be sponsering my turbo project! (cough cough* :D )

Mike SVOR said:

I agree but I don't believe Ray is one of those people...he's been a mechanic for more than 40 years...I think he can accurately spec out two cams ;) Of course maybe we should have Cruz do it and go by his analysis :)