Rant.... Wannabe mustang mechanics

Well I got in a really bad argument at work with somebody a couple weeks ago. He was looking for something for a 302. He told me that all 302s are exactly the same and yadayadayada. So obviously Im the idiot for knowing that the roller motors dont come out until 1985 but I digress. Long story short he started screaming at me because he said that all 302 motors are BOSS motors and that there is no such thing as a small block Windsor. He said all Windsor motors are big blocks. There was no telling this guy anything else. Im getting mad just typing this again but you get the point. I was really ticked when he started to yell like a moron

• Sponsors (?)

Sounds like the guys I get. I need a 350 Chevy. What year. ANy year they are all the same. Okay, I have a 98 LS1 motor, fuel injection for 1,750 plus tax. OHHHH>>>>Nooooo!!! It's for an 85 Chevy Truck...carbeurated.... Oh, I thought any year will work.

Sounds like the guys I get. I need a 350 Chevy. What year. ANy year they are all the same. Okay, I have a 98 LS1 motor, fuel injection for 1,750 plus tax. OHHHH>>>>Nooooo!!! It's for an 85 Chevy Truck...carbeurated.... Oh, I thought any year will work.

Its funny how money makes them give more info than previously available.:nice:

Its funny how money makes them give more info than previously available.:nice:

Heck yeah! I don't like being rude to people, but when they are acting like a know it all, and I am trying to be an honest, nice saleperson, it just makes my job that much harder. I deal with people like that all the time, all I'm trying to do is get them the right part the first time...not the second or third.

I used to go in circles with guys like that on a daily basis. Got in trouble for doing the same thing - the guy called and griped to corporate, and the DM called and kinda chewed on me for supposedly being a "smartass." As I explained to him, I wasn't being a smartass, I was just working with what little information the customer was willing to give me, and it's not my fault he didn't like the results. The guy wanted a starter, claimed all 350's were the same, so I assumed he had a '95 Vortec 350 (which uses that funky gear-reduction starter, which costs around $150) and the guy had a cow because it was twice as expensive as he figured it was supposed to be. As it turns out, he had like a '76 Chevy truck. He also claimed I didn't know how to work the parts lookup system, hence the unexpected high pricetag. I had to restrain myself from replying, "Sorry, sir, but the system can't fill in all of the blanks for you, because it can't compensate for the fact that you're an idiot." :rolleyes:

I hate people. I really, really do. :mad:

They act like the 350 is the only engine in the world, get this, my buddy worked at a different AZ than me and he said there was this guy that swore up and down that is Geo Metro had a 350 :rlaugh: in it, because his shadetree mechanic said so!

Shadetrees.:nonono: