Rare Svo Craigslist Find

• Sponsors (?)

Oh my! That looks to be sage green. If so, that's one of the "rarest" colors for an SVO. The only problem being that it wasn't on the '84. Just '85 and '86. If it's the real color of the car, it would be a fantastic find even being an '85-'86.

@FoxChasis would know more than me.

I would run to buy that one. If nothing else you could flip it and make some money.

Last edited:
No green in 1984 so it's obviously a repaint. "Rare" goes out the window with this one unless it was white or blue, and it's not because both of those are in private hands.

I would find out if it's an '85 model myself. Maybe the owner is confusing a build date in late '84 for the year model it was.

Beyond that, look it over. It might make a good parts car for someone.

I'd have to look at how rusty it is. If just minor surface rust, I'm thinking $500-750 car tops.

If it's cancer...I'd walk away unless you REALLY want to do a high level SVO resto and are going to strip the car to nothing and go to town.

Seems like an obvious repaint of a formerly black car. The engine bay would normally be body colored unless somebody painted it differently, but the giveaway is the tops of the door sills are black.

SVO= headache. I have owned many turbo coupes. Unless it has set in a garage run, or if you are @Davedacarpainter. He likes headaches.
I don't "like" headaches......I LOVE headaches!:zombie:

Honestly though, it looks like it might really be an '84 judging by the bodyside mouldings.

If it is, i'd leave it be.

Reactions: 1 user
Rare cars, those early SVOs are, and I never really understood the reasoning behind squeezing big-block power out of diminutive little engines not originally designed for such stress. Nonetheless, who knows? imp